Sign in to follow this  
craigd

Hi all from WI

Hi name is Craig Darnick I just bought a LaserPoint 24" off Ebay.  Completely new to this but very much enjoying the cutter

After an hour getting it up and going I got a little daring and added my website to my car.

attachment.php?attachmentid=362&d=1280120796

Quick lil story I repair computers and wanted to learn how to make my own stickers figured while at it why not just buy a real vinyl cutter and do anything.

Well did the classic thing and buy a used setup and learn off from that found a 24" Cougar vinyl cutter off Ebay really cheap came with "$700 wirth of software" which was just a virus copy of clipart.  Chatted with the original place that sold the cutter registured the cutter to try to buy LXI Expert which was still a pretty penny so waited and saved sure enough the software was on Ebay used.  Snatched it felt proud to finially get the cutter to work well learned thes oftware was too new for cutter and no support  through original company.  Seen this UScutter allways on Ebay won the bid so nice to get things to work did the basics 1st so right now just using it on a good old Fujitsu touchscreen laptop with in minutes it started to cut so very excited to learn what I can learn to do with it.

Quick questions

1.  Been reading on here just unsure if its the same version of Signblazer but if there is a non trial version? Sure would like to get it so I don'y have to cancel all the trial stuff to use the software every time.

2. If above is possible will the software accept more fonts.

3. Can LXI Vinyl Express 8.5 Expert be used on this cutter it seems to be just for Sign Warehouse cutters with no word of UScutter on the list.

Thanks a ton for you time and sure like this forums!

Craig

Signblazer is out of business but a work around is available for the nag screens http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,18816.0.html

it will read all fonts in your windows font folder

Try the roland 1000 drivers - USC private brands these cutters from creation. so if there is creation cutters on there it might work also

Thanks everyone The drivers to run LXI worked awesome just recently built a PC for the cutter for got to deactivate LXI so been looking for a USB key to make things easier lol!!

I'm in Hortonville near Appleton.