Sign in to follow this  
wayne1234

page set up? Graphtec ce5000-60 I am missing my cuts from the edges?

WEll I'm confused on my  inkscape page how do I set my cutting size, and how do I change over from mm? How do I know the size my cutter is allowing? I know it is 24" material. But it cant cut all the way correct? Thanks

Read the specs for your cutter to find cutting areas.  look at the Graphtec site.  Just past the little padlock is where you can change  mm, inches etc.  in inkscape.  Depending on what cutting software you are using, is where you actually scale your image for cutting.  Such as import your image them decide what size you want to cut it.  Height x width.   

Thanks I found it now. I can cut directly from inkscape, even Though I didnt add any drivers or anything I just decided to give it a try and it works. Guess I wont question it :thumbsup:... Is it normal if I align my image at the Zero margin in the center of the page in inkscape  it starts cutting in the  middle of my vinyl...    so is the Zero actually the center?

I don't know anyone who cuts  directly from inkcape... guess your on your own.    I use Flexistarter. 

Somehow I dont have the page set up correctly... my cutter says page width is 23.2"   I set this same size in inkscape. I am trying to run 4 rows of 5" letters  so 22" plus some spacing.   It fits within the page I have set up in inkscape, with room to spare but the outer most lines do not cut. They have a little space between them and the page outline in inkscape. I dont understand, what the hell am I doing wrong?   To cut from inkscape I just go to print, select my graphtec and it pull up the control page just like in the robo master software, and I hit cut...  By the way if I use the Robo master cut2 software it seems to do the same thing not cut any where near the edges?