Sign in to follow this  
fojtik83

Personal use cutter/plotter

I'm looking at getting a cutter/plotter for my personal use, not a business. I have a couple dirt modified race cars and I'm tired of paying the high prices for numbers and graphics. I guess I'm looking for some opinions on the best cutter to get for the money. Will the cheaper models do a good job if they are only used sparingly or will they still not have the quality of the better units? I have coreldraw x5 currently and AI already if there any other software I will need that wont come with the cutter?

Thanks for the help.

Tyler

I'd be looking for something that can handle 24 inch vinyl, or larger if you can afford it.  SIgnblazer is free with US Cutter machines, and it will handle most of what you want to do.

As far as which machine.......whatever you choose, google it and look for user reviews and tech support issues. If you go with a Roland or Graphtec you won't be disappointed but you WILL be poorer than if you purchase a lower end machine. In any case be prepared for some frustration hooking up to your computer, USB port machines are troublesome in many cases compared to a normal printer cable from an older setup.

Good luck and welcome to the world of Vinyl. You might also consider doing your own design and getting someone nearby to do the cutting for you, some here will do that occasionally.

I loved my p-cut but far less drama with the graphtec - no messing with settings all the time to try and get a good cut and the graphtec cut stuff is easier to weed!