Sign in to follow this  
smithmotorsports99

Two Layer Decals in Flexi

Hello,

I am trying to do a two layer decal in flexi.  I have the file designed and I want to cut the white base color and then the orange top color.  But instead of cutting 50 out of white and then 50 out of orange and weeding and building the each one at a time, I want to be able to cut each color and then tape off the orance and lay the whole job, or more than one, over the white and apply it.

I think I have found the setting in the production manager tab.  I am in the options tab and have checked the "send all colors" box.  Now do I use the single panal single job, or single panel separate jobs, or separate panels, separate jobs?  and do I click the "pause between colors"

When I have done this in the past, (don't remember settings) I would get both colors with about a run of 30, weed them all out, and go to lay the top color on the bottom as big sheets, only to find out the spacing is all off and I end up cutting each one out individually and layering them that way!  Huge time killer!  Thanks!

Here is the file I am working with!

Thanks again!

decal.EPS

decal.EPS

first off, in my Flexi, this design  is showing 3 colors.  2 shades of orange and black ...the SOGGE RACING is a different color than B-52,,, it has to be send all colors and pause between colors, you have to put registration marks to line up. Then enter how many copies you want.  Unless you make the 2 oranges the same,  this is going to be 3 layers.   Best I can tell ya on it.  

That's my fault, it's supposed to be one orange.  I posted the file before it was edited.

I was trying to get away from reg marks for every decal.  I was hoping just reg marks at the top, maybe middle and end.  If none can be used, i have a table with glass lit from under it.

i'm still lost on the single panel, versus separate panel stuff

it's a single panel.   the same job,   It will cut all of one color,  then pause for the next color,,, Hope you have a good tracking cutter for all that.  And your cutter has enough memory.

Somewhere less windy then ND!

Orange is cutting now, gonna cut the white in the morning.  I think you were right though.  That box popped up making sure I had the right color loaded.  So I must be on the right track.  This is the downfall of using signlab at work and coming home to Flexi.