Sign in to follow this  
jeff g

Thanks for all the fantastic help!!!!!!

OK...I spent an hour or so tonight playing with MS Paint, Vector Magic and some old T-shirt graphics I created for some previous motorcycle meets.  I've come up with a really cool license plate (if you are an old 2 stroke motorcycle fanatic like me...valves are for toilets :lol::-[).  It'll be 3 or 4 color, depending on what I decide I like, with graphics and text.  I'll post images after the New Year.  I still don't have the vinyl I ordered and I'm on call at work from tomorrow until the day after Christmas.  I'm 1/2 Jewish and the Christian 1/2 of my family is in Tennessee.  Since I'm in Pennsylvania, I took the on call duties for the Christmas holiday, so I probably won't have any time to play with the Pcut until late next week.  The pay is good, but being on call at my job plays hell with the fun stuff in life.  :thumbsup::lol:

I originally purchased my Pcut to use as a plotter so that I could make sheet metal patterns.  It was significantly less expensive than a wide format printer.  It's worked flawlessly for that from day one because the program I use for the sheet metal patterns saves files directly as EPS format.  Doing anything else with the Pcut has frustrated the hell out me since I've been trying to use the wrong software to create or modify my graphics.  With the help and hints that I've gotten from this board, my Pcut is now a LOT less frustrating to use and I'd like to thank all of those have offered hints and given assistance.  Please step up to the virtual bar...I'm buying this round.

:wreath: Merry Christmas  :xmas tree:

Jeff

I can't wait to see the plates. Being on call sucks, that has slowed down over the years for me, thank god.

I can't wait to see the plates. Being on call sucks, that has slowed down over the years for me, thank god.

I'm actually only on call 1 week every 7 months, so it's tolerable.  Since I really don't celebrate Christmas, it's no big personal issue to cover so that the other guys can be with their families for the holidays.  It'll come around eventually if I need to trade a day off.

Hopefully my vinyl order comes in early next week.  UPS has a bad habit of holding ground shipments until the last day that they say they will deliver the package.  Then I get 2 phone calls saying that they can't find my house.  3 day shipping typically takes 8 or 9 days with UPS or FedEX.

On call 24x7 with maybe 2 weekends a month.  My co-worker retired yesterday so I probably won't be getting any time off for the foreseeable future.  Just got home from a 16 hour day.  I do get overtime pay though  :thumbsup:

Hi Jeff,

You said

Doing anything else with the Pcut has frustrated the hell out me since I've been trying to use the wrong software to create or modify my graphics.

Download and try a fully working trial version of SignBlazer Elements.

I think that you will find that this covers all your needs to modify or create graphics.

You can buy a copy for less than $100.00 from US Cutters.

Good Luck

Jerry from SignBlazer.

The SB Element that comes with the cutter not the full version?  Also, can you trade in cutter for a new one to upsize?  Just asking.

SignBlazer Elements is the full Elements version, but lacks some features the Pro version has. Most customers find that Elements will do everything you need it to do. At this time, we do not accept trade-ins for larger units. Many have sold their smaller unit, and upgraded, or made enough $ with their smaller unit to get a bigger one.

:lol: