Sign in to follow this  
tbenefi33

first t shirt

Hello Ladies and Gent well I got my Vinyl Cuttter set up today :thumbsup:

A couple of week's back I made me a screen printing press  4 color 1 station from PriningPlans.com here my press

I must of tryed that photo emulsion a bunch of differnt

time and could't get it right untill I came a cross this guy and seen what he was doing to his uscutter  Well I done just that and made my first shirt today it workded  ;D The reason for k.m.a on the shirt is for certin family

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecb5KEqDhs4

My Press

Some guy screen print project

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63347466@N00/?saved=1

My thsirt photo

sorry for the links.

never be sorry . . . it was buried deep.  original poster was a member here and that link was a repost also

Screen printing is cool. Just a question though. When I did screenprinting (helped out a couple of days when I was young) I was told to pull the squeege toward yourself and to hold it like you were squeeging out water from a wet app, not like he did in the vid. I would just think that by holding it the way he did in the vid you would be more likely to pick up the edges or details of the vinyl....no?

You got that screenprinting is cool and additive. I pushed the ink back or flooded it first then pulled it towards me with the blade about 80 degreess or so.  I notice it catching a pice on the letter (A) like you said when going back but coming toward you it smoothed it out

Think I'll try picking up the blade after pulling it toward and run it again see it that helps. I got a do a wash test on the t-shirt see how

the ink held up I cured it with heat gun hope it didn't mes up.

in that video the vinyl should have been cut mirrored and applied to the bottom of the screen so the squegee would have no effect. and if you want to see how to do it properly, check out the videos at ryonet.

bb

we helped weeding that ATI logo before what a B*tch good thing you went with screen printing

Thats a good idea to put it on the underside. then it wouldnt matter which way you held the squeege, like you said.