Sign in to follow this  
stickygrafix

CRAP!!!! Note to self, let shirt cool before moving it!

Dangit, I knew better and still did it! A customer came in and ordered a shirt 2 days ago with a bull dog on the front that says "Attitude Adjuster" and then on the back it said "BACK OFF!" really bold. Now, the customer wanted a shirt we didn't have in stock so I had to order it and I got it today.

I did the front and it turned out perfect. Then I flipped it over and did the back. It looked perfect too....but not for long. I picked up the shirt off the heat press and spun around to put it on the table behind me so I could move on to the next shirt and wouldn't ya know it....the hot vinyl touched itself and was instantly ruined! :thumbsup::lol: :lol:

NOW, I have to call my customer, let them know that it is going to be another couple of days for the shirt to come in, I have to cut the design again, and redo another shirt all because of my stupidity. Man, I hate days like this! :-[

Guest fivestar

That's why I always use a teflon sheet when doing both sides.  Seems to take "just enough" heat away from causing that.

I used a teflon sheet and STILL did it!  :notsure: Oh well, the customer was cool about it so that's all that matters. I offered to cut $10 off his order for him having to wait but he insisted to pay the full price and told me he'd be back for more! :thumbsup:

Guest fivestar

I guess your name says it all.... :thumbsup: Sorry couldn't resist, BTW, great to hear he'll be back for more.

I think he was ok with it because you was honest about your mishap. People can tell when you are not being honest, when you are they will be undestanding about it all and work around any problems.

Depending on what heat transfer material you are using Acetone does wonders for removing misprints and saving screwed up shirts.