Sign in to follow this  
pyrophire

Screen Printing Press

Well I've done single color shirts before for a few clients and have had them ask about multi-color and I've had to turn away their business because my "press" is just a single color system used for printing on paper material mainly. I've been looking around and see many options for presses but I think I know what I want, but I just need to find a place that sells quality presses for not too much money. So I am here asking for online retailers that have 4 color, 1 or 2 station presses that are decent.

If all you need is a press them watch Craigslist I see alot of used presses pretty cheap.

CL in my area is rather slow and not many screen printing posts up, maybe 1 or 2 a year. I've had my eye out but usually its guys that bought the equip and had no clue how to use it or how to get a client base going so they want to sell it for retail price and make some money for their time holding the press/equip.

I use Craiglook.com , I'm looking for screen printing equipment too, but is really hard to arrange shipping on that kind of items.

We should maybe use the forum to try to get in touch with someone from here to give us a hand when you find something on another city, we can Paypal the money to a fellow member and he can be our eyes there. Sellers on CL are willing to ship most of the time but don't want to deal with the hassle of arranging shipping. Just throwing it out there, a lot of people can benefit from this, and in some way, we shuld take advantage of this networking opportunity.  :D

Ive searched within like 500 miles and I just see posts for "whole business" sales, where they are bailing on the business and want to sell everything at once. Might just pony up the cash and buy a new press, at least that will have warranty on it.

Try t-shirtforums.com then look of the Classifieds Link along the left side toward the top.

If you don't find what you need, place and ad, which is free, and ask for someone selling what you're looking for.

If you need to out source the work, by all means, contact me.

You can also try, screenprintingUniversity.com I'm sure there's others, just search google for screen printing forums.

Hope this helps.

I just scored a 4C1S press for about 1/3 the price of a new one. I'll set it up tomorrow and check it out. The registration gates are tight and springs are still tight, a little dusty but just what I need.