Sign in to follow this  
deth502

image disappearing after node edit

ive been having this problem recently with sb and im wondering if its operator error.

ill import a file, everythings ok. i can cut it right from there, everythings great. i can "ctl+a" and change the dims to resize everything, again, no problems.

now, if i try to do ANY node editing, i can edit the nodes, and it looks fine, but as soon as i leave node edit mode, everything disappears.

this has happened a few times lately. for the most part i just gave up, but today, i was working on a file for a customer and its doing it again. i AM NOT deleting nodes that remove a full complete path or anything like that.

to specify a little more, here the file i was working on. there is a small spec under the lower right hand bone. i had not tried to do ANYTHING ELSE to the file. all i did was import it, select it, node edit, and delete the nodes from that one spot. then when i go to "select" to leave node edit mode, everything is gone.

i AM NOT asking someone to take this file and delete that dot, i need to do more cleanup than that. im looking to find out what im doing wrong. if it has something to do with the format i saved the file in, some kind of setting in sb, or what??? and i dont want to spend an hour editing it to find out it was all for naught.

thanks.

flag.eps

flag.eps

After you click on select then click the redraw next to the select, your image shold come back

tried those, tinaski, still did the same thing.

and yes, redraw was the first thing that i tried.

what i think is happening is that it is "flattening" the image. i noticed it dosent really "disappear" but it goes to a line, the sam size horizontal, but 00 vertical, and it will not let me resize the vertical and bring it back up.

not sure what teh root problem is, but here is an eps file that i saved from illy. i can nodfe edit it in sbe without any loss. hope this helps.

bb

flag2.EPS

flag2.EPS

that one works, cutme!!

also, some of the files, when i go to the import screen, will not show in previews. they are just black. my file that didnt work was like that, but yours showed fine on the import screen as well.

so, any ideas as to what was different from that file to mine? trying to figure out what im doing wrong that mine wont work. (again, to clarify, mine WILL work, it can be imported and cut, but just goes haywire when i try to node edit)

not sure exactly what the glitch is. i have created files in sb that would do that.

bb

not sure exactly what the glitch is. i have created files in sb that would do that.

bb

Usually when this happens to me it is because there are open segments or nodes on top of each other.

Jay

bb

Usually when this happens to me it is because there are open segments or nodes on top of each other.

Jay

im aware of that, but thats not whats happening. thats why i stated in the first post "i AM NOT deleting nodes that remove a full complete path or anything like that."  i have no open segments, and like i said, it works fine when i open it, then, if i just GO IN TO node edit, without even editing anything, it will go haywire when i switch out of node edit mode.

i did get that done with the working file cutme posted, but i still havent tried to troubleshoot anymore, as it hadnt come up again yet. im thinking of trying to open and resave in photoshop. i think thats the only other program i have right now that will open an eps. after i had to reformat my hd, i never reinstalled adobe illustrator or corel draw (i never used either of them when i had them on, so i figured why other)