Sign in to follow this  
stikit kid

24" or 36" Laserpoint ????

I am going to start a vinyl graphics and sign business.  To start out it will be mostly decals small and maybe some car decals.  Would it be recomended to jump to the 36" laserpoint or save the 120 dollars and get the 24"?  I do plan to cut larger in the future but I will probably start out going to farmers markets and such and think it will be more smaller stuff.

I have cutters in both sizes. Occasionally, I need the larger size. I am glad I have it when I need it. But honestly, I could find a work-around if I had to. My brother only has a 24" and manages fine.

Guest manwayvan

I would get the 24" and then a 15 inch as time progresses..If your gonna be traveling alot to these markets your gonna wanna keep your packing to a minimum and honestly a 15" is perfect for these shows..License Plates, Decals, Mags, and Yard Signs can easily be made with this unit..Atleast this is my goal along with getting a printer/cutter and embroidery machine, eww and a laser engraver..oh and a CNC router..lol The list Honestly never ends..Youll be hooked but the only true advice I can give from starting the business aspect is wait until you honestly have a decent knowledge of the basics as it sucks trying to wing it for every order and especially when your in the public eye..They dont like to wait and you dont want to look bad and kill out your customer base..

I will definitely take that advice.  That's why I want to get the ball rolling and order one, so I have some time to learn the ins and outs of cutting before I get serious with it.  I think I will start out with the 24" as it seems more than enough for what I plan begin with.

Guest manwayvan

hell i would get a 12" and cut the media down..you wouldnt have much space taken up at all...but def go with the larger at 1st but it really all depends where this rabbit hole takes you