Sign in to follow this  
racert25

Help with tracking of vinyl

My vinyl will not stay straight during cutting. I run it back and forth before cutting and it is perfect but anytime i cut it goes off sometimes an 1/8th inch sometimes an inch. It is worse with longer items help please

Run it a few feet. Thats what I do to test mine. I run like probably 2 yards.

Just out of curiosity how would that make a difference if you have to roll it back up and cut.Thanks

do not make your cutter unroll the vinyl - always prefeed / unroll the vinyl so it pulls into the cutter freely

pull the vinyl off the roll by hand and feed the vinyl thru the cutter to the length needed suing the feed buttons before cutting

You know I had tremendous problems with my LP 24 tracking vinyl using the methods shown in the manual.  I don't know if this makes any sense but it works perfectly for me.  First I have a stand so this wont work if your machine is on a table.  I have installed one of the aluminum discs on one roller where I want the left edge of the vinyl, then I stick the roller thru the tube of vinyl letting it hang on the roller instead of sitting on top. Important for newbies make sure pressure rollers are over rough portions of the feed rollers. I just pull vinyl thru and when its straight with the left guide disc on the roller I lock down the pressure rollers.  It works well enough that I don't even check by feeding forward and back before I start anymore.  Oh yeah another little help, a piece of scrap vinyl stretched over the curved metal outfeed area from the cutter line to edge of machine keeps the vinyl from catching on the scallops and raising up as it feeds out.