Sign in to follow this  
three47b

Work Space

Hello all I am a new comer to the vinyl world, and I've been absorbing all that I can from the wonderful people on this site. I am currently in the process of setting up my work space, which is a 10'x15' garage in my home, so I thought it would be a cool idea to ask the members of this forum to post pics of their work spaces with a short summary of their thoughts on why they chose those set-ups. I know from experience that organization = efficiency & I believe that this topic would greatly help all new comers. Thank you all in advance. :thumbsup:

best advice: build the biggest work table you can..4x8 at least..with storage underneath. You will never regret it.

Thanks to all who directed me to the right post. Sorry for posting an existing topic. Not sure how its done but I wouldn't be offended if a moderator deleted my post. Thanks again

I forgot to mention...the standard folding table height was too short for me and I'm not that tall...build it a little higher..easier on the back. Mine is 36"

John mine is at 42 in high I am old I dont like to bend over.  My application area is an easel of sorts I have three 2x6 from floor to ceiling at about a 25 degree angle with 1.25 holes drilled every 6 inches. I cut 1.25 in dowel rods (closet rod) at 8 in long and rounded the end a little to make easier to insert into the holes I drilled. I just adjust the dowels to a comfortable working height.  I just set my substrate on the dowels and apply my vinyl at a comfortable standing height without bending. For banners i just set a couple sheets dibond up clamp my banner to them tight and apply my graphics. I know what you mean about not standing too long ( from another post) mine is not heart related but my back bothers me and my legs hurt when standing too long I will sit and weed , or cut as you said to give it a break and like yourself still go 6 or 7 days a week. Between my handyman service,sign instlation business and what signs and banners I make keep me fairly busy and at 62 it gets harder every day.

Dan