Sign in to follow this  
BandM

Replacement cutting strip 24" laser point

Hi all,

We just purchased a new cutting strip  for our 24" laser point & we are wondering if any one else has done this? We purchased it from USCutter, our old 1 was cut up bad from our own mistakes over the past 3 years, mostly from the first month of learning. The problem we have is the new cutting strip is just a touch thinner then the old 1 & it will not SNAP into place. Does any one think it would be a good idea to super glue it into place? Does any one have any other suggestions?

Thanks

You are the second person to post about this - super glue might make it hard to replace next time.  how about banner tape

Even double sided Sellotape works.

That is what I was afraid of with the super glue, but I was kind of stumped on ideas.

How would you do it with banner tape? Would you go over the top of the cutting strip?

Excuse my ignorance but what is sellotape? Where would I get it?

Thanks much for the help!!

banner tape I would just apply it to the bottom of the strip - trim it a bit and stick it in

I was not thinking clearly AGAIN! Banner tape, (DUH) I follow you now, it would be 2 sided.

We don't make our banners so we don't have any on hand, I wonder what a local True Value Hardware store would have?

Again Thank you so much for the advice!!!!

I was not thinking clearly AGAIN! Banner tape, (DUH) I follow you now, it would be 2 sided.

We don't make our banners so we don't have any on hand, I wonder what a local True Value Hardware store would have?

Again Thank you so much for the advice!!!!

your local auto parts store should have some double sided tape, but it is expensive.

I would think a key part of this would be that it has to be thin, correct?

I'm not sure about the auto parts store, all I can think of there would be the 2 sided tape for like body molding or trim, which is very expensive, but would be to thick, I would think. Unless you had a different type in mind?

Do you think it would it be cheaper to order banner tape then to buy 2 sided tape from a local store?

My thinking now is with tape versus the glue, it would be an even thickness under the cutting strip + being easier to remove in the future, so in the long run the cost might be worth it.

If only the replacement strip was the same thickness!!!

I will do some checking on tape tomorrow.

Thank you all very very much for getting me on a different train of thought before I glued it.

what is sellotape? Where would I get it?

Sorry im in New Zealand I used wrong expression, any type of "thin" double sided tape from stationary store etc.

Silicone clear for tub and tile - you can remove it and wipe off the  extra

3M weather strip adhesive wolud work really good for this you put a light coat on each  surface let it tack then stick them together it's a contact type glue. I use it all the time in the shop working on cars. You can get it at any auto parts store i think Wally World even has small tubes.

what is sellotape? Where would I get it?

Sorry im in New Zealand I used wrong expression, any type of "thin" double sided tape from stationary store etc.

correct you want thin and even!

Just thought I would let every one know what we ended up doing to the cutting strip.

We went to our local True Value store & they had double sided permanent Scotch tape for around $4. It looks just like a normal roll of Scotch tape, anyway I put it on the back side of the cutting strip, took a razor & trimmed it to the same width & then put it into the cutter. So far it is working perfect!

Thanks to ALL for their advice & help!

We greatly appreciate it!!

Guest manwayvan

Great to know..I ended just reversing my old one but will def do this when it is time to replace with the new one