Sign in to follow this  
quadi

Help with vectorizing an image

:) I have tried (and tried; then tried again ) to vectorize this logo through inkscape, then saving it to an eps file. I can find the file but I cannot get it transferred into SBD so I can cut it. Nor am I able to open the file that I have found. Can someone help me, please? I need to cut 40 of these before tomorrow. Your help would be greatly appreciated.  I am attaching the jpg. file. Quadi

post-5147-12986554398975_thumb.jpg

post-5147-12986554419028_thumb.jpg

Thanks, Speeddoggy.  Now I am unable to find that file either unless I close out, go to search, and type in eps files. Then I find it but can't find it in order to upload it. :-

:)Thanks, Speeddoggy! I really appreciate the help. I am trying. Question. When I open a jpg in Inkscape, trace bit map, delete original then save I have been saving in eps. But when I get ready to close Inkscape, it wants to save the image in SVG or else I will lose data. Should I save in eps anyway, then close without saving the file to Inkscape?

I guess I had also better look and see who has offered the help. Sorry about that manwayvan. I opened the file in SBD but it appeared in about 10 different shades of black and grey. :):) Thanks, anyway.

A black square box appears in my SBD files but it does not open. Thanks.

Guest manwayvan

Must be an issue with vector magic and sbe..Alot of the files I vectorize for ppl wont work in SBE..Another reason I dont use it but sorry wish I could help

Thanks, maybe someone else will come to the rescue. In the meantime I am reading all I can about vectorizing in Inkscape.

Thanks, Manwayvan. It oppened beautifully. It seems to need some clean up. I will see how it cuts and let you know. Your help is greatly appreciated.  :)

Manwayvan, thanks again for your help. The eps cut beautifully and I had the forty decals whipped out in nothing flat. :) :) :)

Guest manwayvan

Glad you were able to get it to work..Wow 40..Your alot quicker than I..lol