Sign in to follow this  
meggimann

Still learning...can you help?

Hi all...still needing some help as I learn.  Have a guy wanting some custom lettering...the DBacks style.  Using Inkscape, I did the work manipulating the nodes from a font and have it looking good.  I want to put an outline around it so I used the "dynamic offset" feature.  However, when I go to blow it up a bit, several of the letters distort at the corners causing problems (bottom front of the "g"s and front middle of the "B").  I've gone back and looked at the original design (text) in wireframe and see several things that I can't fix.  First, there are excess lines there that will come and go as I move my cursor around...huh?  Then, there appears to be some segments that have double lines. Again, try as I may, I can't correct these issues although I don't even know if these are a problem?  More importantly, I don't see any problems in the areas specifically causing the distortion on the "dynamic offset" copy (the B and G's).  I've tried adding nodes and deleting nodes but come up with the same problem.  What might I be missing.

The file is attached.

Thanks for any assist.

Big League 2.svg

Big League 2.svg

• Like 1

That is awesome...thank you.  Can you tell me what was the problem(s). 

One day I hope to contribute to this forum...I'm learning, I'm learning. 

i dont know

i took your text and hit ctrl-shift-) and that gave it an outset and then set one on top of another