Sign in to follow this  
rrc1962

MH781 31" Cutter

I used to have an MH721 25" cutter and it worked great with Flexi 7.6.  I used the Roland PNC-1000 driver and a serial cable and it worked flawlessly.  I sold that cutter when we moved and now I need another one.  I'm looking at the MH871.  Which driver in Flexi 7.6 would I use for this plotter.  Also, would Gerber Omega 2.6 work with this cutter?  I need it to work directly.  I'm not interested in saving and importing files into something like Signblazer. 

Thanks very much.

I installed those drivers and they do appear on the list now, but I do not have a cutter here to verify that they are working in this version of Flexi (V7.6).  Could you, or maybe a tech support person, verify that these drivers are compatible with V7.6?  I'm a little gun shy right now.  I fell for the advertising and bought an R series Vinyl Express instead of going with what I knew worked well.  They said the VE cutter was compatible with Flexi V7.6.  Now they say it's not and want to sell me a $995 upgrade.  Just want to make sure that the MH781 and the downloaded drivers are compatible prior to purchase.  As I said, My MH721 worked great with the Roland PNC-1000 driver.  Not one single problem in 2 years.  I regret selling it.

R series Of Vinyl Express is made my Redsail.  The Q series is made by Graphtec.  which would work with your Flexi7.6 (Graphtec)

Also Flexistarter8.6 would work for both for $99 on EBAY.  

R series Of Vinyl Express is made my Redsail.  The Q series is made by Graphtec.  which would work with your Flexi7.6 (Graphtec)

Also Flexistarter8.6 would work for both for $99 on EBAY.  

I'm kind of spoiled by FlexiPro.  The VE came with a Corel bridge that works, but I can't stand Corel.  I wonder why whenever someone writes a bridge program like that, it's always for Corel and not Illustrator.  Anyway, I just ordered an MH781.  I was quite happy with the MH721 and I know it will work with the Roland drivers if the USC drivers are not compatible with V7.6.  I used the 721 in a production shop for two years.  This new machine should not see that kind of use since we are no longer a full scale production sign shop.

I did talk to them about the Q series.  They said that it would not be compatible to V7.6 either.  Also, having touched and operated both the Redsail and US Cutter MH machines, I think the US Cutter is a better machine.  I'd love to have a Roland or Graphtec, but that's not in the cards right now.

I think there is an Illustrator plugin for it,  most all of the Flexi versions made for  such as,  Graphtec Cutting Master /Roland  Cut Studio have the Illustrator plug in  as well as Corel, 

The  Q series comes with ve software that is very close to flexi that cutter is a rebranded graphtec

The way they explained it, the software that came with it was not design/cut in one program like FlexiPro.  You had to design, export, then import to the cutting software and cut. 

that is the way Cutting Master 2(Flexi version) is for the Graphtec,it is not design software either, just cut,  but it has plugins for Illustratar and Corel.