Sign in to follow this  
nav255

URGENT HELP NEEDED!! MH721 KEEPS STOPPING IN THE MIDDLE OF MY CUT

I am freaking out because I have orders to fill that are for weddings that are a week away!

I have had my cutter for about a month and have had the cutter stop in the middle of a cut several times.  Now, every time I start a job it stops in the middle of it. 

I am using a USB because the other ports do not fit my computer.

VISTA

Flexistarter

The job I am trying to cut is straight text typed right in flexi.  Any suggestions on what I can do??

Thanks so much.

Don't Panic.

Do you have another USB cable you can try? Your printers cable perhaps? I have problems with my refine when I bought it. It was a bad cable.

I do appreciate the "don't panic" reminder...because I am!  I am trying my printer cable now...

I am freaking out because I have orders to fill that are for weddings that are a week away!

I have had my cutter for about a month and have had the cutter stop in the middle of a cut several times.  Now, every time I start a job it stops in the middle of it.  

I am using a USB because the other ports do not fit my computer.

VISTA

Flexistarter

The job I am trying to cut is straight text typed right in flexi.  Any suggestions on what I can do??

Thanks so much.

you could also try going into the Flexistarter default job properties. and changing the packet size to 1000KB.  whatever is there, just erase it and enter 1000kb. I run on 1000kb all the time.  that has helped alot of people, and change the quality to 3. click apply and ok.  You will not see the difference in quality.  Also between cuts, shut you cutter off and back on , It has to dump the data from the previous order.  

where are you form mabey if some one is close you can see if they will help out you bring the vinyl and they may let you use there cutter.

Ok, so I got one design to go through completely...of course I was using crappy vinyl so I can't give that decal to my customer!

But, now when I hit send the job status shows "cutting" for a second and then switches to "done".  What did I do now??  Obviously I am brand new to all of this and am teaching myself as I go.  Thanks for everyone's help!

Hmmm - ok, I uninstalled my cutter and reinstalled to flexi...and now it's working!  I didn't know a usb adapter existed...I'm thinking this is on my list of things to get tomorrow! 

I really appreciate the help from everyone...I'm sure I'll be back as I get more and more into this stuff.

Have a great night everyone!

Nina 

Augh - well that was fast...back again.  I was able to cut one full decal without a problem.  Now, trying to cut the same decal and it has stopped in the middle both times...any ideas?

One other tip.... Get some butcher paper and use your pin with it to see if it's working. It saves allot of vinyl.

When I'm not sure how an image is going to cut I put the pin and paper on the cutter and draw the image... more than once in your case... when it's working right put your blade and vinyl back in and go for it  :)

Good Luck

MM64  :)

Augh - well that was fast...back again.  I was able to cut one full decal without a problem.  Now, trying to cut the same decal and it has stopped in the middle both times...any ideas?

Did you do what I reccomended above?  change the packet size,?  turn the cutter on and off between cuts?

I definitely need to get paper to test on!

I did change the packet size to 1000 but was trying to figure out where to change the quality to 3?

Oh, ok, got it.  I will try that out.  It seems really random...I can cut a decal completely, turn off the machine, and then try to cut it again and have it quit on me.

Make sure the machine is grounded. All the static will cause the cutter to quit recognizing what the computer is sending it. And also the reason why the problem isn't consistent.

make sure the stand it grounded to the cutter.  the stand will build up static and discharge thru the cutter head and cause errors and eventually fry the motherboard

Also, if you're on a desktop, make sure you're using the USB ports in the rear, not the front. The front ports do not supply enough power for the cutter.

So far so good - I changed the job properties settings, I already had it grounded (thanks to info from a previous post I started!), changed my usb cord and switched the usb port I was using.  I am crossing my fingers that I am ok now...I cut three decals last night and everything went well. 

Thanks to everyone!

This board is awesome, always nice to see people helping each other like this.  :) :) :)

Back again!  Between yesterday and today I was able to get 15 decals cuts without an issue.  Now I am trying to cut the letter "B" at 36"Hx22"w and it freezes in the middle of it.  I have tried 3 times now.  My freezing up issues definitely happens on the larger cuts.  I think the only thing piece of advice I did not try was getting a USB adapter ... I tried to stores and they did not have one that would fit.

Any other advice out there??

Thanks!

Thanks!  My problem is not consistent...some large decals are fine and others are not.  I even cut the same decal two times in a row (and shut the cutter off in between)...the first time was fine and then it took 3 or 4 tries before I could get it cut again.  Does that still sound like a memory issue?  Also, anyone know which usb adapter would work for the mh721?  Thanks so much.

Also, before the large cuts, turn your cutter off and back on to clear out any memory. And try speeding up the cutter so not as much need to be stored in memory.

Thanks!  My problem is not consistent...some large decals are fine and others are not.  I even cut the same decal two times in a row (and shut the cutter off in between)...the first time was fine and then it took 3 or 4 tries before I could get it cut again.  Does that still sound like a memory issue?  Also, anyone know which usb adapter would work for the mh721?  Thanks so much.

not on the same job - sounds like static in the stand - but you also got that covered so Next I would try the serial connection