forsalevinylsigns

cutting Coroplast

Hello every1,

i was wondering If i could get your tips on how to cut coroplast, i have a hard time cutting it straight. I like sticking the vinyl on coroplast. Maybe there is an easier substrate?

Thank you,

Gio

ps. here is the laserpoint im trying to get assembled. Tom and Howard from USCutter were extremely cool that there gonna try and help me get it assebled over email, thanks guys!

post-2588-12986554349455_thumb.jpg

post-2588-12986554365582_thumb.jpg

if it is with the flutes I use a coro claw cutter and across I just use my knife and straight edge.

I cut a lot of coroplast and if you are cutting with the flutes coro claw is the way to go.

To cut across the flutes I use a vibrating multi tool it make a real nice clean cut.

Harbor Freight has them cheap

http://www.harborfreight.com/multifunction-power-tool-67256.html

Just use a straight edge and cut away

so i put the straight edge with some type of clamps and use the multi tool to cut along the straigt edge?

I cut a lot of coroplast and if you are cutting with the flutes coro claw is the way to go.

To cut across the flutes I use a vibrating multi tool it make a real nice clean cut.

Harbor Freight has them cheap

http://www.harborfreight.com/multifunction-power-tool-67256.html

Just use a straight edge and cut away

do u use this one or the ones that come with the tool?

http://www.harborfreight.com/diamond-cutter-blade-67264.html

Thanks!!!

You could clamp it if you want would be more secure

I just use a level as my straight edge and hold it in place.

Just watch your fingers.

I use the half moon blade that come with it.

You could clamp it if you want would be more secure

I just use a level as my straight edge and hold it in place.

Just watch your fingers.

I use the half moon blade that come with it.

Thanks!!!! I was wondering how that would be done against the flutes.

if it is with the flutes I use a coro claw cutter and across I just use my knife and straight edge.

Is the coroplast without flutes easier to cut?

I meant the diection perpendicular to the flutes I just use a straight edge and knife - never seen coro without flutes

We use a large paper cutter - the drop arm type - there is a large flat bed paper cutter on CL that I am thinking of getting - it looks kinda like a cnc machine with the bars that go down both side then you deop the knife and cut across

I love those cutters they have at Harbor Freight, I took one on a job with me once and now I take it with me on every single one.

That thing has saved me more time than you can imagine, wish it came in a cordless version.

BTW: It won't cut you if you touch the blade. It's similar to the type of saw they use to cut off casts so it only works on firm surfaces.

RG

Home Depot has a cordless version but its like $200 to rich for me.

As far as touching the blade im not that brave.

I like my fingers

Guest Schramm

Are you talking about cutting with the flutes or against?  If you are talking against, simply use a plastic blade (200 small teeth on a table saw (very accurate).  However if you are cutting with the flutes there is nothing better or cheaper then this tool and that is what it was designed for!

http://www.sfsupplies.com/default.sfs?productid=16307

The coro Claw is great for cutting with the flutes. You can even use it to cut 1 part of the flute and not the other and you can make shapes out of the coro. I have made several box shaped signs for my friends restaurant that he puts around telephone poles. We just use a couple of landscape fabric pins to hold it together.

I just use a t square and a sharp utility knife works fine I have watched the videos on the coro claw looks like it would be a great tool