Sign in to follow this  
splash0321

How much would you charge for these banners?

Had a friend (who I am giving no discount to) who needed these banners NEXT DAY.

They wanted black banners, I only had white so I had to cover these banners in black 3m 7725 vinyl so they could have what they wanted. Next is the lettering which is oracal 951 premium cast metallic for the 2 large banners (1'x8' each). The two smaller banners are 1'x4' and lettering done in 3m carbon fiber vinyl which is 9$/sf MY COST. They wanted it next day so they will be paying for next day service. All banners were grommeted in all corners and middle. The edges of the banners were hemmed using 3m double sided tape because they didn't want to see threads along the edges.

Im sure I left out a couple things but I think everyone's price quotes are going to be as brutal as mine....so lets hear them. 

post-2265-12986554305891_thumb.jpg

post-2265-12986554318675_thumb.jpg

not sure with viunyl. we print all our banners and would be about $110-120

I would think vinyl would be more

they wanted the metallic colors and the carbon fiber because it was eye catching. just wondering what others would have done in this situation. Printing wasnt an option because of the specialty colors wanted by the customer.  I dont think im going to charge less than 150 per. Probably closer to 175-185 per.

The $175 per with the specialty vinyl definately sounds about right. You had to pay out a chunk of change to get that vinyl. Make them pay for it!

Then you will have some extra left to play with!!

Usually if a customer wants a special color or special vinyl I charge my normal rate plus 150% of the total cost of the special material I have to order to make it worth my time. Then any vinyl I have left is money in the bank.

Yeah $185 each is good. That carbon fiber isn't cheap as you know. And with the rush order $185 each is more than fair.

thanks everyone...i just wanted to be sure my price wasn't overly brutal. I want to make money but Im not about to shaft any of my customers.

Thanks again.