Sign in to follow this  
scribe

vector problem again

I need a series of steps to get an image to cut correctly. I scan the image at 600 dpi, then save it as a tif. What do I do next? Change it from bitmap to grayscale? erase the background? I have Photoshop and Illustrator CS. I can't get inside spaces  to cut (Signblazer). All I get is the outline.

Thanks in advance.

Well a lot of what you have to do depends on the image.  Photoshop really isn't going to help you unless you need to clean up the image before you vectorize it.  You can download Inkscape and trace most images.  Or use Vector Magic web site.  I don't use  Signblazer or AI so I can't really help you with those.  Read through the Vectorizing section on here.  There are several tips and walk throughs on vectorizing.  I know you can vectorize an image in AI, but I don't use it so I really can't tell you how.  I also thought Signblazer would vectorize an image.  Hopefully someone else that uses those programs will chime in here. 

Next best step would be to post your image in the vectorizing section and let one of us see what you are working with, then maybe we could get a little more specific on how to do it.