Sign in to follow this  
neron15210

Uship.com

I'm about to close a deal on Graphtec 42" FC 7000-100.

Guy would be willing to ship it for $200.00 via  Uship.com

He called me last night and told me how Uship.com is great reliable and cheaper ....

Any of you have any input on Uship.com

Should I go with it or....

Thanks

Guest kenya

Sorry, no info on Uship- but congrats on the Graphtec purchase.  ;);D

If I understand the concept of Uship correctly; it is a just another brokerage service for the transportation of ltl commodities. They accept the load consignment, post it to a nationwide listing and then dispatchers for various smaller name firms and sometimes independents commit to that load or ltl. Again if I have this concept correct....Uship takes a substantial cut of the freight monies for brokering the load and these loads are often referred to as cut rate loads; which for some are better than running empty.

Here's where the caveat to the system lays. Since so many people end up putting their fingers in the bowl; the timelines often become muddled if not just plain confused and Heaven forbid if you should receive the freight damaged, that experience will give new meaning to the word quagmire.

Yes that would be shipping cost.

I can get cutter for 2250 plus 200 shipping, but I'm kind of skeptic about Uship.com.

Deal looks too good to be real.

I used uship for a camper top and had no problem.  It is just a website that various shippers bid on your shipment and you decide which one you want to use.  My guy was bringing a boat from California to Texas and the camper was also in California. It cost me 800 for 3 hours out of his way...The shipper will give you refs and insurance info if asked.. 

Call your local FedEx Freight service center - they are listed in the phone book.  Ask if there is a discount for new shippers, and tell them that you're a vinyl shop trying to get equipment shipped to you.  Depending on what Marketing is doing, they usuall give a 25-40% discount on one shipment.

I work for FedEx Freight at my day job, so I may be a little bit biased ;)