Sign in to follow this  
forsalevinylsigns

Shipping Vinyl, where to get squegees in large quantity

You must like it, .  you are doing it... and they have been up there for months.... I have over 1400 designs listed on EBAY and not one item is a copyright.  and I am a Powerseller.  and a top rated seller.  What gives you the right to think you are allowed to sell copyrighted material, ?   You don't have enough ambition/imagination to design anything of you own?  

You must like it, .  you are doing it... and they have been up there for months.... I have over 1400 designs listed on EBAY and not one item is a copyright.  and I am a Powerseller.  and a top rated seller.  What gives you the right to think you are allowed to sell copyrighted material, ?   You don't have enough ambition/imagination to design anything of you own?  

How can i become a power seller?

you must  sell $1000 a month for 3 months in a row, and keep that up.  Then you also get rewards like 20% off your final fees, on you monthly bill from Ebay. 

and a top rated seller  This member is a Top-rated seller

Consistently receive buyers' highest ratings

Ships items quickly

Has earned a track record of excellent service on eBay

then your listings are at the top,  with the top rated icon beside them.. 

and a top rated seller  This member is a Top-rated seller

Ships items quickly

What you sell on ebay does ebay or paypal or you report it for taxes or is it on the side? Does paypal charge you more if you have more money than the usual person coming in? You probalby sell a lot, does the post man come to your business to pick the decals up?

Thanks!

and a top rated seller  This member is a Top-rated seller

Ships items quickly

What you sell on ebay does ebay or paypal or you report it for taxes or is it on the side? Does paypal charge you more if you have more money than the usual person coming in? You probalby sell a lot, does the post man come to your business to pick the decals up?

Thanks!

Ebay store is a business, just like any other...with all the rules of a business.   Paypal has set fees.   I print all my postage thru Paypal,  and take the boxes to the post office,  It is a 1 day delay to have them picked up .  I ship VERY fast.  All my orders are shipped same day, next day. except for the weekend , of course.

:thumbsup:;D

You win. I'm done there.

Its just a shame,  what you are doing just makes it hard for all the honest people selling on EBAY. Customers money is going to purchase unlicensed products.   I don't even put a brand name like Chevy, Ford, Honda ,etc on any of my ads.  That is actually keyword spamming.    Like some do,  Fits a Ford,,   Fits a Dodge.  ....  my quality, unique designs, price, and shipping speaks for itself, with many repeat buyers,  

You win. I'm done there.

The auto companies will search forums, craigslist, etsy, etc. and once they know you do it it is really easy to follow your moves . . . . .it only takes a couple of those $5000 - $15000 reminders to make it real - - - - -your contact info is available from ebay to any of the manufacturers

Speedoggy what your name on ebay if you dont mind

actually, I do mind.  Others have copied my ads, and tried to copy my designs, and want to get my designs.. or Want to partner up with me, etc.  If you can find me...  congrats.   ;D  my close friends on here , know who I am..  After all  you wouldn't be buying from me anyway.. :thumbsup:  You would be making your own...

Guest Schramm

Speeddoggy,

Right on!  I don't know how anyone gets away with selling copywrighted materials!  Profit is hard to determine on Ebay as the fees change and then you have PayPal so to say that you make a 50% profit might be a stretch!  I have a hard time believing that each thing that you list sells and if they do not then you cannot possibly have an accurate figure as you have to take into account those losses in that equation!  I have stuff on Ebay as well and I do quite well, I too am a PowerSeller (top trusted with 100% feedback rating).  I don't sell stickers on there as I feel that there is enough on there already.  I personally take advantage of the services option and draw close to 1000 unique people to my website a month which turns into well over $3000 per month in sales just from the $40 in listings!

By the way I have seen your stuff on Ebay and they are great!  You are right for not giving your info out as there will be 50 people trying to swipe your ideas.

Guest Schramm

when I was doing big business thru ebay the postal guys like to poke a little fun and squabble over .1 lbs - a;ll in good fun though

How is the profit after the ebay selling fees, paypal fees? Did the postal guys pick the vinyl from your location or do you go to the postal office every day?

So basically, i get the order online on Ebay, get payment through paypal,cut the order, box it, weigh it on the scale, print the receipt from USPS.com and then take it to the postal office?

Thx

After supplies for everything (including Shipping supplies and cost, material cost, etc) About 50% of my sales was pure profit.

I think thats still good profit. It would definately be more profit locally. the other day, here locally, I made 2 big decals and not as big as the full size graphics for $50 both and bout $4-$6 in material in less than 50 minutes, just wish I got orders like these everyday :thumbsup:;D

I've been known to be very good at math and you are saying that a good day for you owning your own business is $45 a day???  Huh?  Then you say that you don't get orders like that everyday?  Dude honestly if that is the case, sell the plotter and mow grass!  I cannot even wrap my head around that!  Maybe you just do this part time (or at least I hope).

Honestly not trying to be rude with my post to you I just hope I am misreading that as if that is all you are doing in revenue that plotter is actually working against you!

Speeddoggy,

By the way I have seen your stuff on Ebay and they are great!  You are right for not giving your info out as there will be 50 people trying to swipe your ideas.

thanks Schramm, I really appreciate that... :thumbsup:

Speeddoggy,

thanks Schramm, I really appreciate that... :thumbsup:

totally  agree

when I was doing big business thru ebay the postal guys like to poke a little fun and squabble over .1 lbs - a;ll in good fun though

How is the profit after the ebay selling fees, paypal fees? Did the postal guys pick the vinyl from your location or do you go to the postal office every day?

So basically, i get the order online on Ebay, get payment through paypal,cut the order, box it, weigh it on the scale, print the receipt from USPS.com and then take it to the postal office?

Thx

After supplies for everything (including Shipping supplies and cost, material cost, etc) About 50% of my sales was pure profit.

I think thats still good profit. It would definately be more profit locally. the other day, here locally, I made 2 big decals and not as big as the full size graphics for $50 both and bout $4-$6 in material in less than 50 minutes, just wish I got orders like these everyday ;D ;D

I've been known to be very good at math and you are saying that a good day for you owning your own business is $45 a day???  Huh?  Then you say that you don't get orders like that everyday?  Dude honestly if that is the case, sell the plotter and mow grass!  I cannot even wrap my head around that!  Maybe you just do this part time (or at least I hope).

Honestly not trying to be rude with my post to you I just hope I am misreading that as if that is all you are doing in revenue that plotter is actually working against you!

lol What I tried to say was that it would be cool if I did these type of jobs every day(8 hour day/$45 an hour/$360 day/ $2500+ in a week/$10k a month/$120k+ year :thumbsup:)

Guest Schramm

You should easily be able to do that in a year if you constantly work at it and get your name out there!  You almost need to make $150-200 per day 5 days a week just to keep a business a float.  I average $500 (clear) per day 5 days a week and it keeps getting better but it take a lot of drive, energy, networking and so on that is totally not available in the sign business.

Last month I had 2 checks totaling $11,068 NSF on me from 1 company in TX, so far I have only recovered $4800 and the other check we have the sheriff collecting today for me.  What I mean is that just because things go good doesn't mean there isn't issues!  Fortunately I save 60% of the money so I wasn't hurting but if I just spent spent spent I would of been out of business.  There is a lot of things to think about as you get larger and expand your ideas, one thing being what speeddoggy says about taking the time to make it work and having someone come along and steal your ideas!!!  I hate that more then anything!

You should easily be able to do that in a year if you constantly work at it and get your name out there!  You almost need to make $150-200 per day 5 days a week just to keep a business a float.  I average $500 (clear) per day 5 days a week and it keeps getting better but it take a lot of drive, energy, networking and so on that is totally not available in the sign business.

Last month I had 2 checks totaling $11,068 NSF on me from 1 company in TX, so far I have only recovered $4800 and the other check we have the sheriff collecting today for me.  What I mean is that just because things go good doesn't mean there isn't issues!  Fortunately I save 60% of the money so I wasn't hurting but if I just spent spent spent I would of been out of business.  There is a lot of things to think about as you get larger and expand your ideas, one thing being what speeddoggy says about taking the time to make it work and having someone come along and steal your ideas!!!  I hate that more then anything!

Wow! Would I be able to do that much $ from online or would I need to have a store? What is that you do, If you dont minde me asking?

Guest Schramm

I have no idea how much you can make...  I don't really do vinyl, but instead I am a mirror designer and manufacturer and I use vinyl in my day to day operations.

This piece below I did for a client for a bar backsplash and it is 32"L x 15"T and cost them about $775.

post-0-12986554300469_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986554316061_thumb.jpg

You must like it, .  you are doing it... and they have been up there for months.... I have over 1400 designs listed on EBAY and not one item is a copyright.  and I am a Powerseller.  and a top rated seller.  What gives you the right to think you are allowed to sell copyrighted material, ?   You don't have enough ambition/imagination to design anything of you own?  

You win. I'm done there.

Well,  I can see that jeffrey06 sure didn't keep his ads down long with all the copyrights,  putting them right back up......  was you losing money jeffrey06 off somebody elses work? It's pretty bad when you can't even make a penny, UNLESS it is from somebody else's hard work. So how much are you giving Ford, Honda, GM, Toyota, Cummins to use their logos?  No talent to make things on your own.?  I guess your whole business base was to make copyrights and sell them, because in months there has not been anything new,  just copyrights.  Oh how proud you must feel of your work,  and screwing the customers, who are thinking they are getting real licensed products.  No original ideas on his own...  No talent....  See I wouldn't call you a signmaker, or graphic artist, or a vinyl cutter,  I would just call you a COPYRIGHT LOGO CUTTER, 'cause that is all you know how to do.  

http://shop.ebay.com/decal-jeff/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25

You must like it, .  you are doing it... and they have been up there for months.... I have over 1400 designs listed on EBAY and not one item is a copyright.  and I am a Powerseller.  and a top rated seller.  What gives you the right to think you are allowed to sell copyrighted material, ?   You don't have enough ambition/imagination to design anything of you own?  

You win. I'm done there.

Well,  I can see that jeffrey06 sure didn't keep his ads down long with all the copyrights,  putting them right back up......  was you losing money jeffrey06 off somebody elses work? It's pretty bad when you can't even make a penny, UNLESS it is from somebody else's hard work. So how much are you giving Ford, Honda, GM, Toyota, Cummins to use their logos?  No talent to make things on your own.?  I guess your whole business base was to make copyrights and sell them, because in months there has not been anything new,  just copyrights.  Oh how proud you must feel of your work,  and screwing the customers, who are thinking they are getting real licensed products.  No original ideas on his own...  No talent....  See I wouldn't call you a signmaker, or graphic artist, or a vinyl cutter,  I would just call you a COPYRIGHT LOGO CUTTER, 'cause that is all you know how to do.  

http://shop.ebay.com/decal-jeff/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25

Well looking a past sales that is about the only thing that has sold - I am sure he will get a cease and desist order from the auto companies as several other have in the past.  and with prior knowledge of the infringement the cost if litigated will be higher (seems it is posted on a public forum somewhere that he was warned and thus has knowledge of the infringement!

Guest Schramm

Jeff,

Do you know that stealing copy-writes can become a felony by law if the company can prove that you have made over $1000 off the sales of their images or trademarks???  You really must be dumb as this goes back to the soul of business ethics.  Anyone can make a good living off of stealing ideas and designs of others but only someone that wants to move forward in business will take the time to design there own.

I know you probably think right now your not going to get caught but to be quite honest I have been a ebay member since 1995 and I have been to many PowerSeller meetings and met with the people that will close you down.  If you leave those images up I will inform ebay and they will access the total sales based off of your auctions and sales of GM, Ford, Dodge and other branded items and make a report to those companies plus they will close you down!

I just yesterday had a company I hired take a custom frame I hired them to cut and sold 3 to a designer local to the area.  Today I have an attorney filing a lawsuit against the company and without doubt I will win as will they!  If you were cutting these for a friend (with no income), making something with them for a family member that is one thing as we all do that.  But to sell the images of another for profit for yourself...  Get them off and then stay off until you learn how to design!

Just so you know, just because it says Silverado and not Chevy does not make it ok as "Silverado" is a registered trademark of GM!  Even the words Hemi using the fonts from the 70's till now or a image you steal off of Brands of the world is a registered trademark of Dodge.  Just because you own a plotter does NOT give you the right to cut whatever you want for profit!

i'll start here. For one I'm dissappointed how speeddoggy has stalked my eBay page wondering what I'm doing. Your right it relistes, not because I did it though. Ever heard of turbo lister? I synced it last night after ending my listing and I get fucked over by eBay as it relistes 18 items. So I found it this morning and  Im out all of that money that it charged me for no reason.

I start my planning process for other things, Looks like I'll have to find my niche.

They are gone, for good now. Turbo lister has the data wiped.

Stay off my case now.

the funny thing is Jeffrey06,  YOU brought the attention to yourself,  ALL BY YOURSELF. ,  remember your post,  EBAY SCUM OF THE EARTH??

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,27056.msg213219.html#msg213219

"YOU" are the very same person that you are ranting about in this post about.  YOU!!!.  what nerve!!!

your complaining about somebody STOLE my STOLEN images.  NOW you don't like it because YOU  are the SAME person and it's in your face!!!!

the funny thing is Jeffrey06,  YOU brought the attention to yourself,  ALL BY YOURSELF. ,  remember your post,  EBAY SCUM OF THE EARTH??

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,27056.msg213219.html#msg213219

"YOU" are the very same person that you are ranting about in this post about.  YOU!!!.  what nerve!!!

your complaining about somebody STOLE my STOLEN images.  NOW you don't like it because YOU  are the SAME person and it's in your face!!!!

You are a bitch. You called me out, I corrected it admitting I was wrong. And you keep naging it on. Can't you just let it go? You want me to send a box of candy to your house with a "I'm sorry " card?

Just let it go.