Sign in to follow this  
cornball

SCP won't "Cut Out"

Ok....I'm almost there....I got this LP24 cutter and SCP (SBE too). I'm going thru some pretty frustrating periods during my learning curve here....

Problem:

Example contour cut import (from SCP's example folder) file was imported and setup per the tutorial on the SCP site; however, when I arrived to the "Cut Out" button on the Simple Contour Cutting function....the LP24 spits the (landscaped placed) A4 paper OUT the opposite side it should (away from the knife assy)!!!!javascript:void(0);

Am I missing something on the Image or cutter width and height settings? Should I leave the cutter width/height settings at 24"x1968" or change it to 11"x8.5"? Should the image size settings always be smaller than the cutter size settings?

Does the imported image need to be activated in a tile or something (dotted contour lines activated)?

If so, let me know "HOW?" or where to find the answer....If not, can someone give me more suggestions or a solution. I've searched everywhere to find the answer.javascript:void(0);

I think you need to set the "origin" on the cutter before sending the job to the cutter.  I don't have that model, so hopefully someone else will chime in.

By "origin", do you mean move the carriage to "home" position? for ex. moving the carriage physically to a starting point on the media, (in offline mode) press the registration mark button on the front panel to set X,Y to 0.00,0.00.

Yep, did that initially before inserting my media or A4 sheet.

Thanks for the reply, prestonservco.

I actually tried the "contour cut" search in the SCP forum and got an incredible amount of related threads on contour cutting....how was I supposed to find this link in that "sea" of threads...LOL!! It's actually explaining the process using Corel, which I don't have; but I think it'll help me get over this learning curve wall I've been struggling with since I bought this LP24....I hope.

I'm using Illustrator 11(CS2), CS3, and Inkscape. Do the same features exist on Inkscape as Corel? It looks very similar to Corel in some of the features.

I'll post my results for others to view.

Thanks CRD (paco)

sorry you search was in a flodded sea. :thumbsup:

in illustrator you can select layers too.

but i am a corel addict :thumbsup:

let us know the workflow in illustrator.

you can use the steps for the contour cut in SCPRO.

paco