designed

Signcut help please

I am having a problem understanding how to get through the set up of signcut contour.  Ok I go to special cutting and click Simple contour it asks if you want to adjust and if it has a laser bla bla bla click ok and next page asks you to put a piece of paper in no bigger than an A4 ok I put in a sheet of paper and click ok and the next page I don't seem to be able to under stand what it is asking me to do it says move the plotter to the center of the plotted sight.  what does this mean plotted sight it told me to put in a piece of paper on the prior screen. ? :rolleyes:

I'm a newbie as well (to SignCut Pro and vinyl cutting)....and I had the same problem during SCP's setup.

The "Setup my system for contour-cutting" tutorial is what got me past this same point. Check it out on SCP's site. Click on "Plotter setup with SignCut" ---- "How to setup specific cutters with SignCut" ----- find your plotter (I'm assuming it's a Laserpoint 24) ----- Select "Step-by-step walk through guide to contourcut" PDF document.

You have to "Calibrate Laserpoint Offset" (under "Settings"--- 'settings') first before performing the Simple Contour Cut function. It will plot a 'plus' sign or 'mark' or 'cross' or "plotted sight" (or whatever you wanna call it) on the A4 page you inserted, align your laser in the center of it, hit 'OK'....theeen go to Simple Contour Cut function and setup the reg marks there and you're ready to press 'Cut Out" at the end of the sequence....I learned the hard way, too...LOL!

...well, I guess you don't need the tutorial much since I spilled the solution to your immediate problem; however, it's still a good tutorial to have handy on hard copy....Good Luck!