Sign in to follow this  
ff-extreme

fast sign franchise

I received a letter today saying Fast signs wants to open a store in my area and wanted me to contact them if I was interested in opening the franchise. I know every sign shop in my area got one and it takes around 250,000.00. Anyone have any in site on this?

If you have that kind of money, buy a franchise to something that people can eat.

I've seen 2 Fast Signs go out of business here in the last 3 years. You don't need the name to do what they do.

IMHO with a franchise you have a partner that you pay a BIG percentage of your proceeds and it aint no small chump change. What do you get for your money? advertising, technical help, support?

I would say you can get that from this forum for more or less for as little as a simple thank you.

btw: did i mention you have to live by their rules not your own. I kinda like being my own boss ..

I work for a FastSigns franchise location. It's the one of the biggest one in the world, in terms of sales and equipment. The owner is pretty rich, has 3 kids that he put through college and a wife that goes shopping as her full time profession. Must be nice!

Make no mistake about it, he works like a dog, lots of hours, but he's good at what he does. It took him years to get where he's at, but obviously it's paid off.

When you buy a franchise, you get the name, unlimited tech support, discount pricing from distributors/manufacturers, marketing, and so on... but you pay the corporation a nice fee for it though.