Sign in to follow this  
southtx1

T-Shirts

Can somone give me info on doing t-shirts with my cutter(materials, vinyl, how to do diferent colors, etc..)?

Thanks!! :you rock:

Guest fivestar

You basically need a cutter and heat press.  The heat transfer vinyl I use is multicut from www.jotopaper.com it works excellent for me.  DO NOT  USE IMPRINTABLES SPECTRACUT II. 

To do multi colors you simply cut each color seperately then you press the first color then peel off the mylar backing then put the second color where it needs to go and press it and continue on with rest of colors.  One word of advice, don't do over 4 different colors if they are going to be on top of each other, the vinyl becomes too thick.  I actually don't like doing over 3 different colors myself.

Hope this helps.

You basically need a cutter and heat press.  The heat transfer vinyl I use is multicut from www.jotopaper.com it works excellent for me.  DO NOT  USE IMPRINTABLES SPECTRACUT II. 

To do multi colors you simply cut each color seperately then you press the first color then peel off the mylar backing then put the second color where it needs to go and press it and continue on with rest of colors.  One word of advice, don't do over 4 different colors if they are going to be on top of each other, the vinyl becomes too thick.  I actually don't like doing over 3 different colors myself.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info!!!!

If anyone else has suggestions or helpful hints bring 'em on

Guest fivestar

I haven't but isn't it the same as the refine 721 except it is 12" wide instead of 24"?  It should work fine for doing t-shirts since you don't go that wide normally on a shirt design anyways. 

The only problem I would see with it is finding t-shirt vinyl that comes in that width, but you can always cut it down with a knife and straight edge.  Remember to keep your scraps though, t-shirt vinyl is EXPENSIVE.

I haven't but isn't it the same as the refine 721 except it is 12" wide instead of 24"?  It should work fine for doing t-shirts since you don't go that wide normally on a shirt design anyways. 

The only problem I would see with it is finding t-shirt vinyl that comes in that width, but you can always cut it down with a knife and straight edge.  Remember to keep your scraps though, t-shirt vinyl is EXPENSIVE.

Yep, same thing, just smaller.

Yup save the scraps! Theres money in there. You can always do the size tags, your brand logo or small details with those.

Joe

Do you have to use a heat press or can you use an iron? Heat presses seem really expensive. Does anyone know where to get them cheap?

A heat press is a must! Irons wont do the job. I mean you can use them, but they wont last and results wont be the best. You need a heat press so you can apply even pressure and themperature.

JOe