Sign in to follow this  
bbreault

Vinyl Catching on grooves of cutter

Hey Everyone.

I did a longer decal today and I lost ALOT of vinyl because when the cutter moves the vinyl back and forth the edge of the vinyl get stuck on the little groove in the front and back of the cutter twisting and turning the vinyl completely messing up the work. I ended up putting one of the scrap pieces of vinyl over those gaps to try and prevent it and it eventually worked but I would like to know the right way of fixing or avoiding this problem without having a huge excess of vinyl overhanging or wasted. Is there a method of unrolling vinyl so it doesnt curve downward to catch on it? Please let me know. thanks

Ive got mine covered just as Dakota explained and you can write on the Application tape for tracking marks

But would these trays help with tracking does anyone know jhelms

Mine aren't covered I just run my nail along the bottom edge for a slight crease to turn the edge up and that will also solve this problem  :D

MM64  ;D

I covered mine with white vinyl then made registration marks for different sizes of vinyl so its easier to get the roll straight each time. I will usually spool out about half the length I need and line it up with my line on the vinyl I made and then feed it back and adjust as needed. Usually that will get my tracking spot on.

I covered mine with white vinyl then made registration marks for different sizes of vinyl so its easier to get the roll straight each time. I will usually spool out about half the length I need and line it up with my line on the vinyl I made and then feed it back and adjust as needed. Usually that will get my tracking spot on.

Great idea! Bigfoot

I have used white vinyl, Im going to go make registration marks on mine. Great tool :D