wnt4it

It happend again... all letters not showing in SignCut from Inkscape

Not sure if this is the same problem that we have noticed but try to union it then save then take to SB

What font are you using - we havent narrowed our problem yet but were thinks something funky with some fonts

On this sign I was using Century Gothic; I finally got to work.  What I did was pulled the SVG file into Inkscape from a program I use called Make the Cut.  I then filled the letter "l" which was my problem child for this sign and filled it in with the paint bucket.  I then saved as an EPS file and it pulled up through SignCut.  It cut fine. 

As dumb as this sounds what is SB? LOL  I'm a real newbie but learning everyday and enjoying every moment.

Thanks

On this sign I was using Century Gothic; I finally got to work.  What I did was pulled the SVG file into Inkscape from a program I use called Make the Cut.  I then filled the letter "l" which was my problem child for this sign and filled it in with the paint bucket.  I then saved as an EPS file and it pulled up through SignCut.  It cut fine. 

As dumb as this sounds what is SB? LOL  I'm a real newbie but learning everyday and enjoying every moment.

Thanks

what do you mean what is SB

do you mean history of it ?

from what i know a guy built it a while back and he did all the service for it then he passed away a few years ago and now its free trial and never expires. there isnt anyone that is servicing it now. its more or less an open source program

not sure how close i am on this but that is what i think i read somewhere

Thanks

SB  is another software program, used to design and cut,  real name is Signblazer Elements, It is a Free trial forever program and can be downloaded right from the Signblazer thread . You can find a download at the top of the thread in the darker blue lettering.

Thanks guys I appreciate the help.  After I thought about the "SB" I realized it was SignBlazer.  I've downloaded the app but not quite sure what I think about it; having issues manuevering around.

Again I really appreciate your time.