Sign in to follow this  
wasatchcars

Spanish Proof Reader

I have a customer that I need to make a banner for in Spanish.

I told him I don't know Spanish so he needed to supply the text.

This is what he supplied me with but told me he was not sure if it was right?

I know I can just do it as he gave me if its wrong not my fault but I don't feel right dong that if its wrong.

So if there are any Spanish speaking member please let me know if this is correct.

Second request does any one have a eagle like on the Mexican flag?

I did a search but all I found where vary complex designs hard to do in 1 color looking for a simple eagle I can cut for each side.

Thanks for any and all help

post-3132-12986553175037_thumb.jpg

post-3132-12986553186271_thumb.jpg

I would it clear it's on him if you say you will take care of it and the profreader is wrong then it's your fault if he is wrong it's his fault

Post the words here madey someone can help too

No way would I take be liable for that - it would be alot of money to fix but you still would have to on your time

I did not tell him I would have it proof read

I could just do it as it is with no obligation

I can just go with it as is but it would not look good for him or me if its wrong.

I just like to have things right or not do it at all

I understand and agree - he doesn't have anyone that knows how to spell the word in spanish ?

Google has a GrEaT translator search for it - translate to english spell check it re translate to spanish and let him read it

I have used it and it's very good

Can you post what is is supposed to say in English? I have several spanish speakers I work with that can translate this into proper spanish. They said some of the words may be misspelled but not sure till we see the english version.

Oh, you can remove the exclamation marks if you want. I just added them for some excitment about the news. In spanish you use exclamation marks and question marks in the beggining and in the end of the sentence.

If you try to translate the English sentence to Spanish and the Spanish to English, it will turn out slighly different in any translator site as those site translate stuff very literally and some times it doesn't make sense.

For example, in English it you use the word "Carry" which would be "Cargar" in Spanish, but that word in Spanish is only or mostly used for Lifting, Moving something from one side to another, Load.

I used "Contamos" which in English is "We count", but "Contamos con Productos" is the best way to display it.

Guest fivestar

Joe quit showing off your bilingual skills.  B) 8) B)

Damit Joe! Get it right the first time will you. J/K  :P

My bad, my bad.  :P

Joe quit showing off your bilingual skills.  B) 8) B)

:P

SORRY TO DISAGREE BUT CONTAMOS IS GRAMATICALLY WRONG IN MOST SPANISH LANGUAGES

Replacing "Contamos" with "Tenemos" would be generically correct so:

" Ahora tenemos productos Mexicanos a muy buen precios"

would translate to:

"We have/carry Mexican products at a very good price"

Well, I think it is valid, but I don't think Contamos is gramatically incorrect in MOST Spanish languages(?). It will depend on were it will be displayed.

In Puerto Rico any of those two would make sense. And in any Spanish speaking country, any of those two are way better than the original text  B)

"We have/carry Mexican products at a very good price"

I do't think there is much difference, just like you said

My version would translate as

"We carry Mexican products at a very good price"

an yours as

"We have Mexican products at a very good price"

Same thing, different words. I don't think it will make much difference.

Guest fivestar

Lueman just so you know, Joe's first language is spanish.

I agree with Joe, the image provided by the OP doesn't make any sense.

On the "contamos vs tenemos" (carry vs have) I'd vote towards "contamos" but that's just my opinion.

I disagree on making the "price" a plural, doesn't have to be that way, but again, it'd make sense either way.

Gracias B)

I agree with Joe, the image provided by the OP doesn't make any sense.

On the "contamos vs tenemos" (carry vs have) I'd vote towards "contamos" but that's just my opinion.

I disagree on making the "price" a plural, doesn't have to be that way, but again, it'd make sense either way.

Gracias B)

Agreed, I think plural or singular will work just fine.  B)

Here is my 2 cents.  There are so many different versions in Spanish. I am married to a Spanish man who grew up in the US, his family is from Spain.  We have many Spanish speaking people living in our area/State that are from Mexico, they speak to my husband in Spanish assuming he will understand and he says it is very different from what he learned growing up.

Here is a English to Spanish translator website that might help out.  

Good luck B)

http://www.freetranslation.com/

"contamos" means to count so saying "contamos productos..." translates to "we count" not "we carry"

not meaning to get off the subject but "contamos" would be better suited for "Contamos con su orjullo"

translating to "we count on your excitement/support" 

Using contamos in the original context would seem primitive and is not advised in a professional sign.

I value my fellow Latinos input, but I'm very sure about this. My earlier comment about "most Spanish languages" is my attempt to honor the many varied differences in the 21+ countries and in-numerous dialects within those countries. Spanish is a rich full language but it diverges greatly from Creole Spanish, Portuguese Spanish, and the various Mayan influenced dialects in Central & South America etc...

"Contamos CON Productos" is different than "Contamos Productos".

Anyhow it will work either way, the way I said and the way you said (contamos and tenemos).

You know, Whatever man.

Check this different sentences with the same word

"contamos con su voto"

"contamos con una gran variedad de productos"

"contamos con 10a

I'm not trying to start a discussion or anything, I just want to make clear both options are acceptable. Again, it will depend on the region mostly as we have both said.

I Found this: http://www.spanishdict.com/m

contar

=

to tell

verb

Advertisement

contar

transitive verb

1. to count (enumerar)

se pueden contar con los dedos de una mano -> you can count them on (the fingers of) one hand

2. to count (incluir)

cuenta tambi