Z

AI file to EPS?

Can an AI file be converted to an EPS file? If so, how? I have a friend who I'm doing a free decal for and he was able to supply me with an AI file of the graphic to cut, but I can't open it or IMPORT it to cut it for him. It's too big to post here and I can't open it to resize it, but I can email it to anyone willing to help. Anyone know how to do this? I'd appreciate help or advice. Thanks.

Z

when you click on SAVE AS in Illustrator it takes you to a different page with options and dropboxes.  .eps is one of those options in the drop boxes, and if YOU are using Signblazer, then it needs to be saved in an older version, such as version 8,  which is also an option in the drop boxes.

Email it to me I'll be glad to help you with it.

Coming at ya. Thanks.

Z

when you click on SAVE AS in Illustrator it takes you to a different page with options and dropboxes.  .eps is one of those options in the drop boxes, and if YOU are using Signblazer, then it needs to be saved in an older version, such as version 8,  which is also an option in the drop boxes.

I don't have Adobe Illustrator. I only use SBE. Tried everything I could think of to open it, but wasn't able to.

Thanks.

Z

sorry, misunderstood.  I thought your friend had the Illustrator software,,  and was sending you the file.   OK  so he just had an .ai file.   So I'm a little confused today... :thumbsup:

sorry, misunderstood.  I thought your friend had the Illustrator software,,  and was sending you the file.    OK  so he just had an .ai file.  So I'm a little confused today... :thumbsup:

He and his wife have joined themselves into some "work from home" type venture selling high speed internet and phone accounts. The AI file was supplied by the company they signed on with. I can't open it to cut it in SBE. Just am trying to get it into an EPS that I can IMPORT so I can cut it. Thanks.

Z

SK1 - free will open AI and CDR files and can save as EPS

http://www.sk1project.org/

Thanks, but I downloaded these and followed the instructions, but was never given the opportunity to INSTALL anything. There seem to be no .EXE files in either download. Thanks anyway.

Z

SK1 - free will open AI and CDR files and can save as EPS

http://www.sk1project.org/

Thanks, but I downloaded these and followed the instructions, but was never given the opportunity to INSTALL anything. There seem to be no .EXE files in either download. Thanks anyway.

Z

im sorry i thought there was a windows ver but i guess its just for linux my fault -- well anyone that is using linux it works great

Bump.

Anyone know a solution for doing this? Thanks.

Z

Guest crshirts

send me files I can covert for you.

Carl

when i save as eps,, sign blazer does not show it, it comes up blank.

any ideas on the steps to fix this?

thanx

jeff :)

I'm not sure who Carl is in this forum, but just so everyone knows, Carl helped me and I was able to use what he sent me via email. Thank you, Carl. I cut the decals last night and installed them today. I really appreciate you going out of your way to help.  :huh::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Z

EDIT: I just noticed that Carl is crshirts - Thanks again.

Guest crshirts

You are very welcome

Carl