Sign in to follow this  
ruffhuffproductions

MH-871 34??

while i have a little experience in the field i really have no clue about the hardware... i was eying the MH-871 34'' just for the value... i have a very tight budget at this point so i need every penny to get started...  on other forums some have said to stay away from value cutters but i want to hear from some people who have worked with these types of cutters... i mean... is the MH-871 34'' a good machine?... i realize it says its slower and noisier than the high end machines but my only real question... is this machine going make stray cuts or eat up vinyl or anything like that? i've gotten the impression that the better machines are easier to work with but im just worried if i buy the MH-871 34" that i will regret it... are the other people who have bought the MH machines satisfied with what they got?

thank you

I had a p-cut and refine mh series that served me well but would caution to do a search for the 871 on the forum

i have one. no complaints.

once or twice it did screw up a cut. thats out of about 1000 decals so far, so .2%, imo, is acceptable.

i had no idea what i was getting into. it was a very minimal investment to get it. now that i am getting the hang of it, if it did go, id likely get a better one. but i would not have wanted to spend big $$$ on something that wasnt going to work out for me.

ive heard many complaints about them. maybe i got lucky? maybe its mostly user error? idk. if i had to do again knowing what i know now, i MIGHT start out with a better one. but i dont regret the decision at all.

as i was reading this back to check it after i posted, something came to mind.

i have to admit. im on a lot of gun forums, and whenever someone asks for advice on what to buy to get started in reloading, i always give the same reply. get the better stuff. if you like it, it will last, if you dont, it will retain more of its resale value.

so maybe im a hypocrite. i still stand behind my first post, but i wont disagree with any one who thinks im wrong.

thanks for the input... i appreciate it... i would gladly put the money into a better machine but i just really cant afford it and im just trying to figure out if these mh series cutters are even worth the money or not

I've used a MH-721 for over 4 years and recently upgraded. It did everything I needed to do, with a little more work and sometimes, headache than a better cutter. I rarely have the amount of problems I've recently seen from other users on this forum. But then, you usually only hear from the ones who have problems and not from the ones who dont...

I've got 2 of them.  They work great.  The only problems I've had turned out to be operator error.  Which, I would get with ANY machine.  :thumbsup: