Sign in to follow this  
jfought

roland software

hey guys and gals we finally took the plunge and bought a roland cj 500. now we just have to get it converted. we will be picking up the parts in a few days so that i can do the conversion. should be fun.  now we just have to find the software to run it. i know that it came with color rip :-[ software but the guy we are buying it off of said that he cannot find the software( sucks for us) anybody know where we can find it or something else to run the machine? also we will have to find the icc pofiles so that we can make this thing sweet.

any help will be greatly appericated.

help me david, james, neron. you guys are the printing experts on here.

Congrats on the new toy.

Have you decided  what ink you will use?

As far as software goes you best bet would be any version of Flexi pro (7.5 and up).

When you finish conversion you will have same machine as Five and myself, great machine

If you have any more questions feel free to contact me.

Good luck

D.

all the links are dead. i will have to keep looking. thanks though

This is an older topic but I am looking for answers to some issues I am having getting my new CJ 500 up and running and I saw this post and I may have a link that will help you if you have not gotten what you need yet.  I was in your position also and I called Roland.  They had me register my used CJ 500 with them and they send my the link for ColorChoice at no charge.  They were very nice to deal with and have offered me free email support since then as well as a tech who logged on to my computer via remote access to install my colorchoice when my anti-virus interfered with in installing correctly.  Here you go http://upload.rolanddga.com/openupload/www/index.php?action=d&step=3

If you don't need it maybe someone else who is looking for help will see if and not have to search for days like I did before I called Roland.

Now if I can just get SignBlazer to work with my CJ 500 I will be happy to start learning.....

i run mine from flexi 8.1 and i think i have worked out most of the bugs. thanks for the help though. i also have a copy of color choice and have not been able to get it to print colors correctly. i have a bunch of profiles but i have not been able to get the combinations correct.

as for getting SB to work with it please keep me posted i would like to see how you did it. but like i said i use flexi