Sign in to follow this  
graphicguy

copyright question

I have a customer(chiropractor) that is asking me to put the logos of the type of credit cards he accepts on his office window.  How do the copyright laws work for this?  Obviously he has an agreement to process their cards...does this give him the right to use their logos?  Please let me know if you have run into this type of situation or advise on how I should proceed.

Thanks in advance for your help, very appreciated as always.

The CC  companies should have a sticker already premade for him......Unless he wants it larger for some reason no need to reinvent the wheel, and that will eliminate the copyright issue.

Not sure about the legality...but on this one I would do it, and I am normally pretty tight on copyright stuff. :thumbsup:

Just do it and if someone comes to your door just pretend you never heard of the guy lol

In all honesty, you should be fine. Not like your going around selling the logos on ebay or something along those lines. One shot deal, I'm sure no one will even ask.

CC and most company have brand specifications and use documents for their logos. Some  offer the logos in digital format for downloading. By offering downloads it prevent user from possibly using the incorrect or non approved logo.

IMHO

they don't come right out and say that you can use the MC logo..at least not that I could find..but they make tha rtwork available for free,including .eps files..so I reckon it would be ok. That is called implied consent.

thanks for the help.  I am a little leary of this request as the guy can get them from the CC company at no cost.  And yes...they do have corporate colors etc.  I cannot understand why he would pay me to do a 6 color job($$$$$) when he can get if for nothing.  Seems a little fishie so I will pass on this one.