Sign in to follow this  
nogo

Can anyone help me??

Hello everyone,

I am generally new to sign making and what i am trying to do seems easy but is giving me a hard time!!!

SO, I wrote my name, JOHN, in silver letters. Then i gave it a red outline, and then a black shadow.  Easy so far. What i am having trouble with is punch through operation. Every time i do punch through, JOHN, Punches through the outline and shadow. Thats not what i want, I want the outline to stay solid. In essence, I would like to have JOHN in Silver, with a solid red outline, and then the black shadow to be punched through. Basically, I would like any of the black overlap removed!!

Any help would be much appreciated!!!!!

TAHNKS  Johnny

You need to make sure that only the outline is selected and hold down shift and select the shadow. This will punch the outline through the shadow. You do not need to select the original "john" because you are not punching it through anything. It seems like that was the problem. Hope that helps out!

Thank you Warrior, I dont know how i didnt realize that but it just made my life so much easier. once agian THANK YOU