Sign in to follow this  
Guest Schramm

Vinyl Express Q100 or Graphtec 42" - trying to decide

Guest Schramm

I am stuck between buying a Graphtec 5000 series 42" plotter and a Vinyl Express Q100 which is a 42" from Sign Warehouse.  I have seen both of them in action and like them both a lot.  I have the money for either one but want the best.  I am pretty sure that Graphtec makes the VE Q100 but not positive.  What I like about the Q100 is the 50' True Track and while I dont ever need to cut a length of 50' to test that it can track that long, I do cut 8' and the unit I have now just does not work that well.  Both contour cut but to me there is just a lot more bennys to the Q100, so my question does anyone own either one?  If so would you buy the same thing again?

Thanks

Rob

A little confused... I thought the CE5000 only comes in 24" or 48".

The VE Q-series is supposed to be equiv to the FC8000, I think... but I think I read somewhere that ARMS is optional on the VE cutters and is additional cost to add it.

Guest Schramm

For some reason I thought that the 5000 series came in 42" as well but you may be right.  The 8000 series is not the same as the q100 as the q100 does not print and if I am not mistaken the 8000 series prints.  I am leaning toward the q100 and from what I understood the ARMS is on all Qseries cutters but I will check in the am.  I do know that this will be a huge investment for me and one I am not taking lightly!

Thanks and please keep them posting, both good and bad!  I would rather hear that now then later down the road.

I think they meant 48"  it is 24" and 48"  5000   but the Q series has,  from the Signwarehouse ad,  

NEW! Vinyl Express

if they are the same I would go with the graphtec for direct support from them!  I did recently purchase signwarehouses VE LXI master pro software and love it.  It is re branded flexi

For some reason I thought that the 5000 series came in 42" as well but you may be right.  The 8000 series is not the same as the q100 as the q100 does not print and if I am not mistaken the 8000 series prints.  I am leaning toward the q100 and from what I understood the ARMS is on all Qseries cutters but I will check in the am.  I do know that this will be a huge investment for me and one I am not taking lightly!

Thanks and please keep them posting, both good and bad!  I would rather hear that now then later down the road.

No the Fc8000 does not print.  It is just a newer model of the Fc7000..

You guys beat me to it... I was going to say... I think most of us would've gotten an 8000 if it prints...

Hands down FC 8000.600g vs 400g of downforce and ARMS is extra option for Q-series.Tangential emulation(FC) is also very useful  when cutting thicker sandblast mask with high accuracy.If budget is not issue  this cutter is best option(after Summa T-series) for your business.After 20 years in business of decorative painting and 10 years wit cutters ..... always buy best you can afford.

Guest Schramm

Yep definatly want to buy the best....

Guest Schramm

Yes it was a total steal and I just called and paid for the unit and I will have it in my hands in about 4 business days!!!  YEAH!

In a way I am going to miss my plotter as it is a good machine and has made me a lot of money over the last 2 years but I make a lot more money now then I did 2 years ago so its about time for a really good upgrade!

Now I just have to sell mine!  Anyone want a 50" CutterPro CS-1200?  It would have to be purchased locally and I live in Illinois!

Good deal Rob - you are going to love it - did you get the vinyl express software with it?

Guest Schramm

Yes it comes with the VE software!  The software has never even been opened as he is a tint company.  He was using special tint software so never opened the software for the unit.  In fact the unit was only used about 2 months when his tint film company offered him new software and a vinyl plotter for free for a 2 year contract due to how much he was buying.  This is coming from a SUV customizing shop and he said it is basically new.  He gave me the seriel number and I called Sign Warehouse and they confirmed what he said.  They told me that they only sell the Q100 as part as a package but the same plotter named under the Q42 is available and the only difference is the LCD screen.  They also told me that this ordered loaded.

I cannot wait til it gets here!!!!

Hello everyone,

I have a slightly used Q42 in Wichita, KS if anyone is interested in one.  It has all of the software.  I only used it on about 10-15 cuts.  was trying to get into sandblasting but I just don't have time for it.  I can send photos if someone wants.  Just email me at mitchellsborn@gmail.com

thanks!

Hello everyone,

I have a slightly used Q42 in Wichita, KS if anyone is interested in one.  It has all of the software.  I only used it on about 10-15 cuts.  was trying to get into sandblasting but I just don't have time for it.  I can send photos if someone wants.  Just email me at mitchellsborn@gmail.com

thanks!

thank you for posting your for sale info on a 5 year old thread started by a member that closed their accont - we have a for sale section on the bottom of the forum page - or if you just want to deliver it to coldwater, mi I do $300 cash   ;D