Sign in to follow this  
gprockhill

SunIE Heat Press- Warranty Sounds Good - but don't count on it

When I wanted to buy my first heat press I looked to the forums for advice.

Many people had presses from SunIE and loved them. They are affordable and come with a 3 year warranty. I placed my order and received my press. After what seemed an inordinate number of failed transfers both jpss and plastisol I became concerned with the heat presses reliability. I purchased  a infrared -thermometer

What kind of variations in temp was there?  Specifically how many degrees.  Also was the temp on? even though it varied?

You know the old saying "You get what you pay for" ...  Well that said I have had my Sunie for over a year and have not had any issues, have pressed hundreds of shirts with no issues.  Love the Sunie and love the P-cut that I have.  Both cheap but they do the job that I am doing now.

I measured the temps at 4 quadrants and center. I had variations between 20 and 80 degrees. If the temp was off even 80 degrees but off consistently- meaning on all surface areas measured ,  I would have simply adapted. I was unable to compensate as the platen was one temp in upper right, another in upper left and so on. Ultimately, they claim that they are now using my heat press to calibrate all the others going out the door. Whatever... I would have been excited to have been made one of the many satisfied customers they do have. So,,, if you have one and it works great. I wish I was one of those customers. If you purchase and try to get anyone to listen to you when a problem does arise - best of luck and god speed.

Guest fivestar

Chalk it up as a lesson learned and you'll love your Stahl's for yrs to come.

Guest sciondrgn

Sorry to hear about the problems.. I have had no issues with my sunie and its 2 years old +, My platten does vary by a few degrees but 80? wow thats just insane. I do want to get a larger press now (16x20) and I havent made up my mind on brand but my Sunie has served me well

Guest fivestar

Sorry to hear about the problems.. I have had no issues with my sunie and its 2 years old +, My platten does vary by a few degrees but 80? wow thats just insane. I do want to get a larger press now (16x20) and I havent made up my mind on brand but my Sunie has served me well

Get a Mighty Press digital, you'll love it.

Guest sciondrgn

Where is the best place to get the Mighty Press's At?

sorry to hear about the problems - I had a problem with a segment out of the display and had the new controller in my hand in 22 days!

Guest fivestar

Where is the best place to get the Mighty Press's At?

I dunno, I never checked prices.  When I got mine I was in the middle of a huge order when my chinesse press started burning something electrical.  So I called my local distributor and they had one in stock and I ran and picked it up.  I gave $1025.00 for mine.  It's truly a beast though, I wouldn't trade it for any other press.

I have a hotronix I bought a month ago and haven't tried it yet as you actually have to read instructions to use it . . . .too many buttons but I will get to it