Sign in to follow this  
ppalmernc

T shirt design

Thanks,

I did have 2 issues with the cutter. I know it's a tech support thing but I'm going to ask you anyway, maybe you can help.

#1. I only did 7 of these pieces when the blade started skipping and the piece became hard to weed. I haven't checked the pressure yet. I'm hoping that the blade lasts longer than 7 cuts.

#2. The control panel seems to be acting up a little. When I try to switch between modes the LCD switches back and forth between modes, then finally it will stay on the mode I want. It wasn't doing that when I first received the cutter 2 weeks ago.

Have any of you had any of these issues before?  :help:

blade.. depends on what your cutting, I've cut vinyl only for the past 6mo. still using the same blade, cut probalby 1k yrd or more

would check pressure I increased mine last week..

LCD can't answer that... what cutter do you have?

Thanks,

I did have 2 issues with the cutter. I know it's a tech support thing but I'm going to ask you anyway, maybe you can help.

#1. I only did 7 of these pieces when the blade started skipping and the piece became hard to weed. I haven't checked the pressure yet. I'm hoping that the blade lasts longer than 7 cuts.

#2. The control panel seems to be acting up a little. When I try to switch between modes the LCD switches back and forth between modes, then finally it will stay on the mode I want. It wasn't doing that when I first received the cutter 2 weeks ago.

Have any of you had any of these issues before?  :help:

Blade should last longer than 7 cuts......it is probably related to the blade depth and pressure setting. I have recreated the issue here on several machines, and found that the tip of the blade should barely be sticking out of the holder, and the pressure should be anywhere from 120-150.

The control panel is really touchie.....if I press to hard, sometimes it skips a setting and goes right to the next. Takes just the right touch of the button to get it to do what you want.

I tried setting the pressure to 130 and it ripped the heck out of the material so I went back to 60 on the pressure which was an increase from 50. It seemed to work good. I first tried 130 because I noticed the test mode was set to 130 and the test works fine.

I'll try what you said about the blade and 130.

Thanks

If the pressure was at 130 and it was ripping through the material, the blade is sticking out too far.