Sign in to follow this  
Nick Stylez

Oracal 751 Matte Black for Racing Stripes for car?

Will the oracal 751 matte black cast vinyl work for racing stripes on a car? Sorry for the dumb questions it's just that im not familiar with all these types of vinyl. The only vinyl i know of is the decal vinyl (oracal 651) for stickers. Would appreciate the help. Thanks

751 is cast, which means it wont shrink in the sun or crack. It will work for what you want to do, 651 could be used, but 751 would be better.

So will the cast vinyl work well over very curvy areas? The reason i ask this is because on the hood of the car it has a very curvy bump on it and was wondering if it will stretch well enough to be applied with no problems.

Yes this is the exact reason to use a cast vinyl it will stretch over the bump like you are looking for

Also a couple days ago i asked a question about wrapping up a hood on a car with some matte black vinyl and was told by someone to go to fellers, but it seems like the only width they had was 48" and they would have to order it from there supplier and would take a couple weeks, they also told me that i need a overlaminate film and some other type of equipment to do this.

So i had to turn down that customer and now i have a different customer that wants some of these racing stripes on matte black vinyl.  

Yes this is the exact reason to use a cast vinyl it will stretch over the bump like you are looking for

Thanks! I really appreciate it. I was hoping i didn't have to use that wrap vinyl with the overlaminate that someone on here recommended.

Thanks! I really appreciate it. I was hoping i didn't have to use that wrap vinyl with the overlaminate that someone on here recommended.

Stripes usually only have to deal with curves on one axis so cast vinyl is good for that, doing the whole hood has curves in multiple axes which the wrap vinyl is designed for