Sign in to follow this  
Jeffrey06

From a USCutter to a Graphtec...

I guess I'm one of the latest member here to have upgraded from a Refine to a Graphtec. It's night and day... The Refine was on its way out though, and I had always managed to get it to do what I need it... but only after using the Graphtec did I realize that the time I spent lining up the vinyl to get it to track properly, and how I have to split up large complicated graphics into several cuttable files so that the cutter won't freeze in the middle of a cut... I'd say the money on the Graphtec was well spent!

You don't have to buy it new... I got mine used and paid only a little over 1/2 of what a new one costs, and they sent me a new blade holder, new blade, and new cutting strip along with it too.

BINGO again......great response.

It pains me to agree with anyone after the sun goes down.

Five...is that an invitation? Are meals included? Can I bring the dog? Is your spare room close to a bathroom or should I bring my hospital urinal?

I'll just keep cutting away with my Seiki,Refine,and Pcut. If I had money to spare, I'd buy a set of DW drums instead of the no-name kit I have.

I think I'll go to bed and let you guys duke it out. If it gets nasty,somebody PM me.

John you're always welcome to come up.  As for the meals, yes they are included unless you're like Neron and grab the check at the restraunt and demand you're paying.  :thumbsup::huh:;D and the bathroom is right beside the spare room.  The dog....well I'd say that would be OK, I've got 2 dogs that I'm sure they'd get along.

No duking it out........we "kissed and made up"...... ;D ;D ;D G'night

me..pick up a  check?? HaHa that's a good one.

wow go on vacation and miss part of the "mines bigger" post . . . .glad we got good internet tonight!

It pains me to agree with anyone after the sun goes down.

If I had money to spare, I'd buy a set of DW drums instead of the no-name kit I have.

Now John......a few minutes with a good router table, some sandpaper, and a set of good heads and those ole drums will sound better than anything DW sells....Save your money and get some good cymbals instead! :thumbsup:

I went from a Roland Stika to a well used FC-3100-60 which was a huge step up, but I don't have any experience with any US cutter  machines to help the OP on this thread with.  Both of mine worked great out of the box, and drivers seem to be available for both even tho they are a few generations back.  I also am not a high production shop so it hasn't meant more $ yet. BUT I can now do larger and longer cuts than the STIKA ever could, even when it was  new.  It is nice to not worry about tracking.

Well... This thread took off.. :huh:

I'll be the first to admit. I don't stay THAT busy. But after last night and trying to cut a 50" decal along with it freezing twice. Thats 50" x 12" of vinyl totally wasted. I can't be doing that very often.

Besides that issue my refine has made me quite of bit of money and I'm happy with my purchase. It's made a enough to buy a 24" Graphtec. That's not to bad for me to be a 90% ebay only guy as I don't have a storefront (or the time).

Continue the discussion. A lot of good info in here.  :thumbsup:

i got a small graphtec i will sell ya

for started look at the amount of posts in refine problems about 33 pages of posts  and graphtec problems about 3 pages of posts

you will love it

if your interested in cutter email me - its about 6 months old we went with a bigger one its still a graphtec

How small?

I'm wanting at least the 24" Model.

for started look at the amount of posts in refine problems about 33 pages of posts  and graphtec problems about 3 pages of posts

you will love it

if your interested in cutter email me - its about 6 months old we went with a bigger one its still a graphtec

How small?

seems like it is the 15" but I could be remembering wrong.

you will love it

How small?

yes 15"