Sign in to follow this  
mr300s

Sometimes it pays to ask permission to use a Trademark Logo

This was an email I sent to a  well known Huge World Wide Company.

from me :

If I have someone that wants me to cut your companies  xxxxxx Logo for them on a vinyl cutter am I allowed to do that and charge them?  thanks Bill

and this was the answer I received...

Bill, no problem as long as you are producing something that is being used to promote our xxxxxx. Don

Very cool! There are still companies out there that realize free advertisement and did the right thing offering a high quality image to make sure it looks good for them!!

Guest debogus

Exactly .

After one of the post here about a sting, I had a job for a logo come up .

First thing I did was Email and verifiy that it wasnt a problem.

They went out of their way in providing the logo in a format I could use.

Just didnt want me mass producing them for Ebay. :huh:

Guest YHC

What department are you guys asking for when calling them, "Marketing"? Just want to make sure I call or email someone that can make that decision.

Yeah, I just made a bunch of signs and was asked to use a logo.  Well they gave me the downloads to all there different logos AND all the rules for them.  haha  Like what size percentage to have the dragon if you are going to use the flag and the ONLY 3 fonts that you could use.

It feels great though once you ask and are able to do the job with full confidence that no rules or laws are broken and everyone is happy in the end.  :huh:

I saw your work and you did a outstanding job on it.  You should send the photos to the person that gave you the permission thanking them again and then they can be assured that you did a nice job, and you never know maybe some future work....

went thru some of this stuff with a company that rhymes with FODGE, they were more than happy to approve my stuff so long as I didnt mess with their corporate branding and not modify it in any way as it was for an enthusiast club.

I saw your work and you did a outstanding job on it.  You should send the photos to the person that gave you the permission thanking them again and then they can be assured that you did a nice job, and you never know maybe some future work....

Thank you for the kind words.  The ultimate compliment I got was when the eastern regional manager for the country happen to come by the day I delivered them and he thought they looked so good that I am now working on display units that will showcase 12"x12" sample pieces. :huh::thumbsup:

Guest Schramm

It is usually very easy to get written permission from companies for use of logo, the only ones that get it trouble are the ones that dont ask or mass produce something.