Sign in to follow this  
chefgary

Cutter cutting too small

I submitted a ticket to USC for help on this issue and they have responded promptly but I am throwing this out to the forum to see if anyone have come across this issue.

I was cutting some siser easy weed two days a go and cutter worked fine. Today I was trying to cut with Or 651 the cutter is now cutting way to small just a fraction of the size needed. I looked on the knowledge base and found the article about recalibrating cutter program and wasn't able to find the buttons it called for.

The test button works fine so I figure it must be something to do with the calibration. What am I missing? I am not a dummy with computers but I am lost.

Gary

I added:

The only reason I mention siser is there was a lot of static (as usual) when I used it. The only setting I changed to my knowledge was the cutting width. When I checked the settings to cut today, I noticed that the cutting width and length had been changed to several hundred inches. I don't know how since I am the only one who has used the cutter don a dedicated computer. I will do more research and take a picture tomorrow.

Thanks for your quick response. Gary

Any thoughts on the issue will help...thanks friends

gary

Though it is listed on my help ticket, I failed to note here that I am using XP, Refine MH721 and Sign Blazer.

I just upgraded my notebook which I do my design to the no nag patch yesterday.  It runs on windows 7.  Then I email files to my self, down stairs on the xp computer.

on your Signblazer cutter set up screen  below BLADE offset,  is  CUTTING SIZE CORRECTION  in a white box. ,  click it.  You will get a box that says OUT PUT size correction,, when you have your design entered on the screen and the size you want.  the out put measured sizes should match the expected size you want.  If not, then change so it does.  I hope that is the problem. 

I'll give this a try in the morning.  Just not quite sure how it would have changed after using the cutter with little problems for over a year and a half.  Thanks for the help.

Gary

Not sure either,  I had a person a couple of weeks ago with the same problem,  was cutting too big though.  Your measured and your expected sizes should match. 

Ok, I played with the cutter size output and got it to cut the correct size.  When I add anything else to it such as text,  it only cuts a portion of the first letter.  I changed to another graphic and it went all the way over to the left side and grinds.  I turned it off and reset it and it reset to the right side and hit the red button.  The carriage is in the correct spot and moves freely.  When I do a test cut box from the cutter, it seems to cut fine.  I think I will try to reinstall SB and try again.  Any other suggestions?

Gary

I've tried most of the above suggestions with no luck.  Today I took time to completely uninstall SB and reinstalled it.  Just cut my first 24 inch set of words and it worded fine.  I'm so glad since I have several projects to do this week and I really need money.  Thanks all for reading, thinking and suggesting. 

I still don't quite know what happened but at this point it doesn't matter.

Thanks,

Gary

I might try to do this to resolve issues I am having at home as well. I have had my cutter for over a year and a half and lately a lot of very strange stuff has been happening. I did move up to a different laptop due to a failed motherboard in my old laptop that I actually paid to buy SBE on and had no problems with, other than the motherboard anyway.

I have narrowed down the problem to the file exchange between my laptop and my cutter computer.  I upgraded my notebook with a different SB version without the countdown (didn't work yet) and since then I started having the problems.  

I have been in contact with usc and they are going to do a remote inspection of my settings.   ;) (I have already contacted the FBI to track their operation for me).  :lol:  I am confident that it will be OK though.  

I will post as to the results.