Sign in to follow this  
LOBO

LP24 cutting 2-3 times on the same letter

has anyone come across this problem before...

the cutter is working fine.. but.......  it's cutting some letters 2 to 3 times in the exact same place... 

example..  letter "O"  will cut it once,, start over cut 2nd time.. start over,,,  cut a third time.. ive switched fonts.. will also do it..

ok.. does not do it 100percent of the time.. but enough to say..  WTF!!!!.....

any help is appreciated

have LP24  toshiba tablet USB..Vista..

Are you sure there isn't more than one layer... sometimes (and I don't know why) I've highlited my type to move it on the page and it leaves a copy behind which I'm thinking is another layer... new to this so I don't know where it comes from but I just delete it and cut without a problem

MM64  :(

paco..

its signblazer

its a circular pattern with letters all the way around.. the top half of the circle it cuts just fine

but when its cutting the bottom half of the circle.. all letter it cuts 2-3 times each...

ive tried with zero outline.. hairline.. still the same

any ideas?

Sounds like you have duplicate copies of your letters stack on to of each other.

Sounds like you have duplicate copies of your letters stack on to of each other.

++1

tquirts...

you were right...

but how does it come up with multiple layers.  if its a single text layer when I export it to SB... Actually.. some of the letters had 3-4 layers on top of each other and others only 1..

WTF..

hmmm........

how do i keep this from happening?..    it will be a pain in the Donkey... to have to go thru all work and check for multple images.

The only time I had a problem with that so far is when I made an object (a star) and didn't covert it to a curve before exporting - perhaps this might be what's happening for you.

well,, i'm using corel X4 and when i export it always asks if i want to convert to curves.. so exported to curves to SB.. not all objects have a double image.  Only some..

:huh: may just have to check all before cutting..

hmmm..  how can i check for multiple layers on SB?  Besides selecting and moving one piece at a time.

hmmm..  how can i check for multiple layers on SB?  Besides selecting and moving one piece at a time.

drag a selection box over a part you're concerned about and look at the status bar - it'll tell you how many objects are stacked.

status.png

hmmm..  how can i check for multiple layers on SB?  Besides selecting and moving one piece at a time.

drag a selection box over a part you're concerned about and look at the status bar - it'll tell you how many objects are stacked.

status.png

I learn something new every day here!  Thanks!

Make sure you start your selection drag from outside the bounding box of all objects, or you will drag one by mistake.