Sign in to follow this  
Genkboy

Zencut Black... video and A++ recomendation!

Hey guys and gals.

I've had my Zencut black for several weeks now, and this has been a great machine.  Not only was I a 100% novice user when it comes to cutters, I was up and running in no time with a little tech support from the guys at USCUTTER.  The only trouble I had was configuring the cutter to work with a 64bit system.  It was very simple to fix.  Set the cutter to go offline, hit 'misc', scroll until you get to USB communication, switch that to common, replug the machine in, and the driver automatically installed from the supplied CD that came with the cutter... which of course was installed before plugging in the cutter.

Here are some pictures of a few things I've cut with it:

th_005.jpg

Forgive momma's corky auto-leveling eyes... it was her first application... lol! 

th_008.jpg

These letters are about a 1/4 inch tall and 4 inches long..

th_010.jpg

This one is about 5 feet long.  I've cut something that was over 8 feet long with zero tracking, spot on cutting.  In fact, I had my roller guides on too tight when I started cutting this graphic out, and the roll of vinyl fell into the media basket, and the entire 5 ft job still fed through straight as an arrow!

th_004.jpg

I have since cut several things, but focus mainly on small cutting needs for custom painting.  This thing has been a dream!

This is a quick video I took for a family member.  I only caught the end of the cut when it started making my easy weed lines... man those are nice!

th_001.jpg

If you guys have any questions on this model.. I'd be more than happy to tell you my experiences with it... or get an even better video for ya.

Thanks for the report.  many of us have been interested about the machine.  I may contact you in the future since I plan on upgrading this summer sometime.

Gary

nice work,  glad to see it is what  they claim it to be..  Need more feedback from others though would help  

Thanks for the report.  many of us have been interested about the machine.  I may contact you in the future since I plan on upgrading this summer sometime.

Gary

No problem!  Maybe by then, I will have conquered the contour cutting feature! :thumbsup:

What comes to use to contour cut?

Any plug in or.....................?

Thanks in advance,

Paco

BTW the speed is awsome if the video is not speeded up  :thumbsup:

Sign Cut Pro has already added a plug-in on there for the Zen-Cuts to do contour cutting, and our CD has a AAS plug-in for Corel Draw that allows you to place registration marks.  In Illustratore you will just need to create one yourself.