Sign in to follow this  
Guest Schramm

Need your opinion - Build a new store for my site

Guest Schramm

Right now I am in the building stage.  Since I make my own antique mirror glass I am listing prices on this store.  I am building it as I get about 10,000 hits a month on my website and want to take full advantage of each and everything that I sell.  Since I can write some HTML this store is easy to intragrate with things they said couldnt be added such as video.  If you get a minute please check it out and please be honest with what you think.  Keep in mind I have just started working on it and will not have it fully loaded until Thursday and will still be adding designs and such after that as I get them finished.

www.GlassArtMart.com

Keep in mind I want to know if you find things that you do not like, find hard to use or you do not understand.  By thursday there will be a live help link, where you will be able to click and talk to me live about any of the products.

Thanks

Rob

nice,can't wait to see it when it's all done.what program did you use to build your site? i need to work on getting a website. :)  :thumbsup:

Guest Schramm

This is 3dcart and its a little costly but I really want to wake up to sales on full sheets and cut jobs insted of always having to talk to the people on the phone.

Guest Schramm

Can I ask a few of you to go in and check the funtions of the cart by going in put some items in there cart and then go in and check the shipping cost to make sure it sounds fair for there area.  Many of the items have free shipping.  If you can help me out with about 5 minutes of your time that honestly would be great and then if there is issues such as slow loading, obsessive shipping cost, hard to understand descriptions and so on please let me know either here or via email.  Also please check the MSR to assure that you can watch the video in the description.

Thanks a million!

Rob - not sure what happened but at one point I went back to shop more after checking shipping and my cart emptied - next time it seemed ok.  the one thing that would be great is if after you enter your zip it would keep your zip remembered and show the shipping automatically as you add and delete items instead of entering your zip each time.

Guest Schramm

Thank you for taking the time to check it out for me.  That is a issue that is only fixed if you are registered, as a guest you will need to type in your zip each time.  That is part of the shopping cart service not my choice.  Other then that did everything seem to be working ok?  Load times and descriptions easy to read and navigate?  I am making notes on everything and fixing issues that I can right away as this site is already live on my new website www.etchedcabinetglass.com

Once I have the designs, products and my finished works on here this should be a very popular website and shopping cart.  Looking forward to waking up to sales!

Guest Schramm

Great I have been playing it very clean and simple not trying to play on overselling it.