Sign in to follow this  
thredz

cutting wal mart colored construction stock

I had to see what the cp-2500 would on some cheap 8.5 x 11 sheets of wal mart colored poster paper.In the blue stock,I just ran the cut.You can see where it completely fell apart from nothing to bind to after the cuts.In the red stock,I put r-tape on the back and it cut well.I had the blade a little too deep and it cut out the center,but the letters cut very nice.The small letters in the center are 3/8".No fun on the weeding.The r-tape sticks to the cardboard and it takes time to get it seperated.I used a 45 degree blade and it cut nice and straight.

[attachment deleted by admin]

billy,

Thanks for putting the photos on there to look at!!! So were you using construction paper (the kind kids use in kindergarten), poster board paper, cardstock paper, or something else? I am really wanting to get a vinyl cutter but as silly as it may sound I want to use it for more than vinyl. I am wanting it to cut out letters for my scrapbooks. I will be using a cardstock type paper. I know you said it didn't "hold" together well, for what you were wanting, but from your photos it looks like it might do exactly what I want....I HOPE!!!

Anyhow, if you'll let me know what kind of paper that would be great! :huh:

Thanks

DMarie