pyrophire

Transfer material?

What transfer material do you all recommend for doing tshirts, White image on black Gildan 100% cotton.

I got the sample of SISER EasyWeed and it was rather easy to use with my very old Roach heat press.

I noticed that signwarehouse carries a lot of different materials but I have only tried the siser easyweed.

Easyweed is a reliable performer 32.00 roll from alpine sign out of Lansing Mi

I actually just tried the hotmark 70 from signwarehouse. Nice for weeding and when heat applied you can't even feel it. Have not done any wash testing yet but I'm really liking it thus far.

Was thinking of Hotmark 70 from Signwarehouse...let me know how it holds up after washing.  I have siser easy weed right now and I've had some issues of the lettering coming up after washing.  Ugh!

I have used the siser and never had a problem also used eco film with no problems just saw the price of the hotmark and thought I would give it a shot. Will let you know.

Ok, I did wash tests. Washing - no problem. I washed in cold water as is what I typically wash in. Then dried in the dryer. My dryer setting turns all the way to very dry so I hit it all the way up. In dryer for just under an hour at high setting. The letters all stayed on just fine but I notice some wrinkling?! As I said this was hotest drying and longest drying setting with shirts right side out. So against all the rules lol. I usually send a sheet along with shirts that tells them to turn the garment inside out and dry on low setting or hang to dry. I do believe I will go back to the eco film as I've never ever had an issue with it though.

Im just starting out so bought a roll of EnduraTex FirstMark (cheapest) and it cut and weeded so easy and looks great. Made about 14 shirts so far and they look great and are holding up good. You can definatly feel the vinyl though.

Christi

After about 8 or 10 washings the first mark softens up and has an almost feel of hand like a screen print. It does fairly well on the small detail and holding corners on the designs.

That is good to know. I really liked it and the results. Nice and shinny and everything. The parents loved them also. I figured for the price difference would try that one first.

I always keep a few prints on shirts of the first runs. And some of them I've had around 4 years now with no peeling, pulling or tails. For the money first mark is a very good product.