Sign in to follow this  
JD7321

Hey.

Hey guys.. My name's JD, from Alabama...  I've been working with my buddy cutting for a while now doing race cars mostly, so i know the basics..  He has sold off all his stuff, and so I'm going to start up my own business.. Luckily I got a good chunk of money from my last "official" job after i left, so I'm ready to buy...   He always used sign warehouse, but uscutter looks alot cheaper from what i've seen..  Anyway, I need some advice on which cutter you guys prefer, and why...  

I was also thinking about buying a printer/cutter too because a lot of my clients would prefer single layer multi colored decals, so any advice or links on a cheaper(lol, i know a lot of them are very expensive) printer/cutter.. or would it be better to just get a printer and get a cutter with the ARMS system ( i saw someone suggest a graphtec on a different topic that looked great).. lol, sorry, a lot of questions for the introduction section of the forum..  I have everything set with workspace and plenty of contacts that would gladly use me as their sticker man,  just need to find the right equipment and software..

By the way, i really appreciate this forum... I've been reading on here for the last week or so, and you guys have all been really helpful with ideas and just random bits of knowledge along my research process of trying to decide how to best do this.. So thanks!

Guess I'll be a little more specific.. What my buddy had was just a 24 inch cutter...  I would want something atleast 30 inches... 

Guest kenya

Hello & Welcome JD.

I personally would recommend the Graphtec. It comes in 30".

As far as software, there are many out there. Flexi is a great program. In addition to using it with a graphtec, you will be able to use it will a printer/cutter when you get one.  ;D

Yeah, I've definately been looking at the Graphtec CE5000 48" cutter.

Anyone tried or have any feedback on the ZenCut Black series?

Hello & Welcome JD.

I personally would recommend the Graphtec. It comes in 30".

As far as software, there are many out there. Flexi is a great program. In addition to using it with a graphtec, you will be able to use it will a printer/cutter when you get one.  ;D

+1

and welcome from Michigan