Sign in to follow this  
jcart

Weeding small letters

Hi folks... I'm having trouble when I weed small letters, half inch or less. They want to come off with the waste. Any tips or tricks for a newbie?

Thanks,  Jon

Guest sciondrgn

Couple things to check for and try.

Make sure you are using good vinyl.. Oracal 651/751 seems to work well on small lettering, I have done a few items pretty small with good results.  Also check your offset and make sure you are getting good complete cuts.

Also one thing I use is a little tool that has a round point on it, I use it along with my blade to weed.  The blade grabs excess waste and my round point holds the lettering down.

Couple things to check for and try.

Make sure you are using good vinyl.. Oracal 651/751 seems to work well on small lettering, I have done a few items pretty small with good results.  Also check your offset and make sure you are getting good complete cuts.

Also one thing I use is a little tool that has a round point on it, I use it along with my blade to weed.  The blade grabs excess waste and my round point holds the lettering down.

+1 and try a celancut blade on your next blade purchase - it won't fix all problems but makes it a little better

I know on flexi I can also set it to "overcut" to make sure all the cuts are clean, maybe other softwares has it too.  That has helped me a ton.

Also...when you know you are cutting the font small, many can be outset a bit so they are thicker, makes it easier to weed as well as making them stick a little better IMO.

Thanks for the replies. Great info to try on the next ones....Jon

For REALLLY small stuff apply to the substrate and then weed.