Sign in to follow this  
Signs Down Under

SignBlazer not showing all fonts in text dialog box.

Hello all.... this is my first post here as l have only just recently joined the forum.

I'm not a computer whiz but can get around OK, but l do have years of experience with SignBlazer.

I am a traditional signwriter from Melbourne Australia.

I bought my first SignBlazer back in the early days from Jerry Bonham (RIP) when it was just a Black screen with Green text and with only 5 fonts, that must have been 25 years ago or more.

I have always stuck with SB and kept upgrading as it became avaliable.

I have an old windows 98 computer with SignBlazer Pro and Hot Shot that use's a dongle key,  sometimes l still use it....  it's version 5.0.28 with a upgrade disc to 5.1.19

On the dics it says windows 95/98/NT4 Fast 32 Bit.

It's a fantastic piece of software even today... Does anyone know if l could get around this to run on Vista Home Prenium 32 Bit which is on my Laptop :thumbsup: I have the original lock number and password number etc, font book and manul.

I also bought off Jerry when he had his eBay store in 2008 SignBlazer Elements which back then was a digital download and once you paid for it Jerry would send you a activation code, this version of SBE has heaps of drivers for all kinds of cutters, l have this on another Desktop which is XP and because it was a digital download l don't have a disc for it, which brings me to my next question.

Is there some way l can copy this to a CD and load this version onto my Laptop if l can not use the 98 version l mentioned above :thumbsup:

To my main problem.... I was excited to find l could download SBE from US cutters which l have done onto my Vista Laptop, it came with 200 basic fonts and because l have 700 plus SB fonts from previous versions l removed the SB fonts folder and burnt a disc from my other Elements from the XP Desktop and reloaded that font folder onto the Laptop but in the text dialog box it's still only showing the 200 from USC, when l open the font folder it's showing all the new ones l put on, l also copied all my SB files for my jobs, it reconizes the fonts but still not showing in the text dialog box.

So l put the original 200 back on but now it's only showing about the last 10 fonts used above the Red line, so basically when you hit the drop down arrow there's no fonts exept those 10.

So l uninstalled SBE completely and started over again and done a fresh download from USC but still having the same problem of only showing the few above the Red line, l have now put the 700 plus back on and it's still doing the same thing, I'm guesing it's something in windows.

I thought maybe l have to load into windows fonts as well but checked on other Desktops and SB fonts are not showing in there and everthing is fine, so l ruled that out unless Vista is different, just can't figure it out !!!

My Final Question.... I needed a larger cutter so l bought the latest model Creation pcut CS 1200 off eBay it had Laserpoint registration and SD card reader.... long story short, it had a few issues and because the guy didn't have any left to swap over l had to settle for the new model under that which is a CR 1200 it sounds a bit like a Freight Train when it's cutting compared to the CS model BUT hey it cuts and will do me for now.

It came with Flexi Starter 8.5 ver 2. I'm happy to do all my design work in SBE and import into the Flexi for cutting but was wondering if anyone knew if l could get the CR 1200 to work in SBE it would be easier to just cut from there ;)

Look forward to all your replies with the concerns above and hope l can be a help to everyone in the future.

Regards, Gary.

...was wondering if anyone knew if l could get the CR 1200 to work in SBE it would be easier to just cut from there :thumbsup:

Regards, Gary.

Hi there Gary, fellow aussie from "down under".

Just wondering if you had any success getting the PCut CR 1200 to cut from SignBlazer? I can't get my one to cut from SBE at all.

Shane

www.eurosystems.lu/driver/download/neu/Creation.EC...     these are driver downloads,  for CR1200

found doing a search

http://www.dogpile.com/dogpile/ws/results/Web/driver%20for%20a%20Pcut%20CR1200/1/417/TopNavigation/Relevance/iq=true/zoom=off/_iceUrlFlag=7?_IceUrl=true

don't know if it will help or not.  

but you could also purchase a Flexistarter8.6 and cut from it,  I have it and Pcut CR1200 is listed,  Cost  $99 on EBAY  or contour cut version $130.