Sign in to follow this  
ddm00767

MH871-vinyl loading

Is there some secret to mounting the vinyl rolls on rollers?? The vinyl keeps unrolling onto floor and most of the time it is hard to get the vinyl to feed properly in machine. It will cut fine but does not feed straight. Have adjusted the press rollers all kinds of ways and the settings on lcd window.

not sure of your question.

first, you dont put the roller through the hole in the vinyl roll to "mount" it, you set it on top of the 2 rollers.

afa feeding straight, the pinch rollers have little or nothing to do with it, you need to line the vinyl up straight using BOTH of the rulers on the front and back of the machine.

I use both rollers on my MH-721, and it works great.  They are spaced perfectly for the vinyl I use, Oracal 651.

They didn't work properly with some cheap vinyl I go from Hong Kong once, and I just sat that on top.  I do the same if I only have one or two things to cut - so really, it's up to the user, but the roller works fine through the roll.

I had the same problem the first week i had my mh-871, My uncle who has been doing this for 35 years + . looked at my vinyl when it was in the machine and laughed. You have to look real close and make sure the vinyl is straight. Keep adjusting until your tracking in perfect.